Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Way to reposition running applications on dock?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:31 pm 

I love the running applications option, but I like several other shortcut options on the dock as well. Is it possible to have the "running applications" option centered on the dock? Right now it currently defaults to the right, leaving it on half of my screen because of all the other shortcuts I have. I'd prefer it if I could have it centered and just add my shortcuts onto either side of it.

Post subject: Re: Way to reposition running applications on dock?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:01 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

That would make it pretty difficult to distinguish between running applications and normal shortcuts, no? :wink:

Sorry, it's not possible. Under Nexus Ultimate, however, you would be able to create a dock dedicated to showing running applications, and another for normal shortcuts, then position them anywhere you want on the screen.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:38 pm 

Oh come on, the whole point of software like this is to customize it for different individuals. Before I was messing with this I had a Litestep theme I made that had a similar layout. Being able to change the icons to what you want helps distinguish it too.

As for your suggestions, that was my original idea, but then that makes it more of a pain to use in light of doubleclicking to hide each dock (from my other thread) if I had 3 docks to balance it out. Ah well, I'll figure something out.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:02 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yes, the whole point is to be able to customize it, but only *as long as it makes sense* (to me). There is one thing called 'too much customization'. :D

If I think a feature is genuinely useful and will be used by many, I will normally implement it sooner or later (there are plenty of examples in this board).

This said, and being totally blunt (but don't take it personally, please :wink: ), I will not have a tremendous amount of work (and this would require exactly that for several reasons) just to satisfy the needs of *a single user*, when I can be instead using that time to add other features which lots more users will find useful. :D

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:50 pm 

Totally understandable, that's why I only asked after finding out there was no hotkey function to hide the dock. For the style I like for my desktop, there are multiple ways of reaching it, I'll just have to work around it the best I can.

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 5 posts ]