Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 9 posts ]
 Post subject: Can Nexus bar be made to look like XP/Vista docked bar?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:16 pm 

Can Nexus bar be made to look like XP/Vista docked bar?

such as here

Post subject: Re: Can Nexus bar be made to look like XP/Vista docked bar?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:19 am 

Yes and no...mostly yes ;)
Yes because you can put the dock at any screen side (like the toolbar you posted, it should be on the left or right side). If you want items to don't use any mouseover effect (static icons), you can disable this in the dock settings.
No because the dock will always center icons and try to use the less area possible, so you'll never get the dock expanded to use the full screen width/height like toolbars do.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:43 am 

T3STY wrote:
No because the dock will always center icons and try to use the less area possible, so you'll never get the dock expanded to use the full screen width/height like toolbars do.

Yes, because he can use the shelf and set it to occupy all screen space. Only (for the time being) it can only be horizontal. ;)
The only thing that will be different, will be that either dock or shelf, he won't have the crappy Win2000/XP/Vista look, but a much prettier theme. :D

Profile WWWYIMICQ 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:20 pm 

I said no mainly because I know users like to make vertical toolbars instead of horizontal ones, which is also what he posted in the image :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:30 pm 

Thank you folks. Yes,, I do need the vertical tool bar as I have another Nexus bar at the top containing "utility" type programs.

And I need to be able to get about 30-33 icons in the bar.

And I would like for them to have a thin colored bar they are sitting on (as in the picture)--not the desktop under them . On this point, yeah, I know; I'm picky. OK to say it! :D Looks like "conventional" could be a theme if there was a coder to do it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:35 pm 

Well, Nexus supports skins, so just find a skin that suits your needs and install it! There are a few included with Nexus, but you can find more on almost any customization website :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:39 pm 

>>>>Well, Nexus supports skins, so just find a skin that suits your needs and install it! There are a few included with Nexus, but you can find more on almost any customization website"

None of the skins I have found look like the picture I posted. As I said, I hope someone creates a skin which provides a "Conventional" look to the bar.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:02 pm 

Then you can make your own skin!
Skins are in C:\Users\Public\Documents\Winstep\Themes and you can make your own skin based on any of the already existing skins. Basically, what you're looking for would only require changing the Nexus background image. You could use Windows_7_Xtreme as base for your skin, it has very thin space between the image borders, like toolbars (I actually can't remember if I downloaded this one or if it comes with Nexus).

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:41 pm 

I appreciate your confidence in me, but it is misplaced. I have no concept of whether themes are one file or 20; if 2 or 20, how they interact with each other. Even if I knew that, I would not know what to do with them. I know not their structure, or composition. In other words, I know nothing. I install things, then use them.

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 9 posts ]