Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: NextSTART has disappeared...
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 6:23 pm 

Could someone help me out? I recently registered Winstep Fullpack, and something odd has come up. First thing that happened is the Windows taskbar stopped being hidden by the program. The second is that themes which normally provide a horizontal taskbar completely disappear, meaning there is no taskbar, and the little square icon which the other themes use isn't there either. I wonder if there could be some setting I may have changed that is doing this, but I went through all of them and couldn't figure out what it could be. Help is very much appreciated!

Thank you,

Julian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 9:09 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

You probably disabled NextSTART task management...

First thing to do is to open the Main NextSTART menu and the Settings sub-menu. You should have a 'Toggle NS Task Management' entry there, click on it - I'm pretty sure that will do the trick.

If not, open NextSTART Preferences and navigate to the TaskList and Systray Preferences tab. In the Tasklist Position section, make sure the pull up menu doesn't say 'Don't Show'. In the Misc.Preferences section make sure 'Run Task Mng on Start' is selected.

Now open the Startbar Preferences tab. Make sure the pull up menu in the Startbar section does not say 'Disabled'.

Let me know how it went. :)

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 10:06 pm 

Thanks very much, the first thing you mentioned did the trick. Now if I can only figure out how I disabled it in the first place...By the way, this is really a terrific program. I've tried several Startbar replacement type programs, and this is BY FAR the simplest, most powerful, and best-organized. Unlike others I've tried, you have the ability to open the folder even at the most basic level., whereas other programs only allow you to open subfolders, or they don't allow you to have sub-menus down to the smallest file level. Also, tear-off menus actually tear off easily and stay right where you put them. This is by far the most organized state my PC has been in since I got it, and the program works seamlessly with other GUI programs I have like Stardock stuff, etc. Keep up the great work!
Julian

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]