Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: Future Modules
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:47 pm 

Any plans down the road for new widget/gadget modules. I'd be interested in a Hard Drive Meter and a Calendar. I know that rainlendar is real popular but it would be nice to have modules that matched the Atmospherica theme. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:50 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'll quote from another, recent, thread:

"I actually plan on introducing a handful of new modules, some simple others more like mini-apps. For instance, one that I've already started working on is a disk meter... but, as with all Winstep modules, not just your average, run-of-the-mill, disk meter: besides the usual capacity stats, I want this one to display internal temperature information for hard disks that support it (which includes most hard disks with S.M.A.R.T. technology) plus a pie graph panel letting you visually (and quickly) see which files and folders are taking the most space on your hard disk, etc... Another module that has been on the pipeline for some time is a full blown VDM. Other, simpler, modules include battery meters, quick search engine browsers, auto-complete run prompts, etc..."

A calendar is also, obviously, on the to-do list. :D

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:43 pm 

Thanks for your response. I appreciate that. I'll be looking forward to them. If I can help beta test, just let me know. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:47 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

If you are already a registered Winstep user - which I think you are - don't forget to apply for access to the Beta Discussion Forums (see instructions on the FAQ right here in General Discussion) - that's where all the beta stuff gets announced. :D

Profile WWW 

Post subject: Re: Future Modules
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:46 pm 

Just revisiting this post, I know it's an old one. I would do well with a battery widget. Is there one in the works?

Also, is the module/widget technology within Winstep closed? I'm sure developers would love to create them for Winstep.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:00 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi!

New modules are still on the to-do list. As you are probably aware, Winstep applications lately (as in the last couple of years or so) have had an explosion of new features and enhancements. Unfortunately, as with everything, resources are limited and some planned features have to be pushed back to make room for other, higher priority ones.

So yes, there will be a time where focus will be on creating a large number of new modules, but we are not quite there yet.

Also, given that Winstep modules have two versions (one 'icon' version to put in docks and the Shelf and a 'Desktop' version) and are thus not as linear to develop as modules for other applications, I don't think development of new Winstep modules will be open to 3rd parties any time soon, sorry.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:58 pm 

, I don't think development of new Winstep modules will be open to 3rd parties any time soon, sorry.

Rats

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 7 posts ]