Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Nexus Ultimate hangs while initrialising
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:50 am 

Recently Nexus hangs while initialising. This never happened before. The only thing I can do is to switch off the computer and boot it up again as the system freezes. The second time round Nexus always behaves as normal. I have checked that Nexus is up to date.
My machine runs under Windows 7 64 bit (also up to date)
Does anyone have an idea what might be causing this behaviour?

Post subject: Re: Nexus Ultimate hangs while initrialising
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:31 pm 

I've started getting the same problem too (Windows 7 64 bit) - hanging on startup and freezing the machine leading to a forced user shutdown. I have also had a couple of blue screens since installing Ultimate and have had it freeze the machine long after startup while using other applications

I have done a reinstall of the software, turned off the shelf thing and am keeping my fingers crossed.

So, though it looks good and works well when it works, it isn't quite robust enough and there seems to be a driver clash somewhere. Maybe it's partly because I'm paranoid and run a lot of security software (BitDefender, Malewarebytes, SuperAntispyware and Zemana Antilogger) but I have had no problems with this until I installed Nexus Ultimate.

Help and advice would be appreciated!

Post subject: Re: Nexus Ultimate hangs while initrialising
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:41 pm 

Similar here. Windows 8 x64. No BSODs, the mouse and keyboard are still responsive, the Win8 Start screen is visible and semi-responsive, but the desktop is black. A reboot is the only solution.

Is anyone else running an nVidia card with the 314.07 drivers?

Jeff

Post subject: Re: Nexus Ultimate hangs while initialising
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:11 pm 

I'm using Win7 x64 w/ 32 GB ram, and an Nvidia 440GT card with current x64 drivers. I run display fusion (2 monitors), classic start menu, as well as Nexus.

What I did to speed up my computer boot, was to take off the auto start for these three large invasive programs (4 if you include Skype), and start them in a staggered fashion through the Task Scheduler.

ie. I make a scheduled delayed start of 15 to 30 seconds to keep all three programs from trying to load at the same time., with Skype last at 90 seconds.

To my old eyes, it seems to load faster even with the delays when they're not all trying to start at the same time.

That's my take. Good luck.

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]