Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: desktop shortcut or module?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:40 am 

Dear all,
I am still evaluating the winstep, my desktop is disabled, I wonder how I add shortcuts within workshelf as I am used to do with windows desktop. By default, several modules (4) comes with the workshelf, I would like to have the same kind of thing for my shortcuts (IE, outlook etc), floating like wheather, clock module etc.. I know I already have these shortcuts in the docked shelf, but I prefer not using this shelf though, I disabled it.

Any pointers will be appreciated

Cheers,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:19 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

You can add shortcuts to Workshelf simply by dragging them from Explorer windows or the Start Menu into a shelf. Alternatively, you can right click on any empty space of the shelf, select New and then browse for the program you want to add.

Keep in mind that some shelves, like the My Computer and Control Panel shelves, are special shelves and do not accept shortcuts dragged onto them (just like their counterpart folders in Windows).

If you still want to use the shortcuts on the desktop to access programs instead of WorkShelf, then you should disable the 'Hide Desktop Icons' option. Not sure I understand why you enabled this option in the first place... :D Keep in mind that WorkShelf is a much better option, it allows you to organize these shortcuts into categorized tabs, keeping your desktop un-cluttered in the process, and it has the advantage that it is always available (not buried under a ton of windows) by simply bumping either the top or the bottom edge of the screen (depending on where Workshelf has been docked to).

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 2 posts ]