Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: Run time error question
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:14 am 
Hi all,
I am a new Nextstep/Workshelf user and Love the program. Have been a big windowblinds fan but was looking for something new to add to it, after looking at all the others this seemed the best for configuring and customizing along with all the wonderful skins out there :) I have one question though when I right click on a program in the programs bar I get a run time error 91 message. When I click ok Nextstart shuts down and disapears. Even when windowblinds is running in the background the start bar is gone and can't access WB either. Is there a way to fix this or something I need co configure? Sorry if this has been addressed before but looked around and could not find.
Thanks in advance!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:00 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Make me a favor: send me a backup file of your current NextSTART configuration to support@winstep.net (open the Global tab in NextSTART Preferences and click on the Backup button - then attach the resulting *.nbk file into an email message and send it to us).

Also, any chance you could post a screenshot of your desktop here (or send it to support@winstep.net) so I know what theme you are running and how things are layed out on your desktop? Anything helps, since this is not a common error (we would have been flooded with complains if it was :D )

Thanks,

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:34 pm 
Thanks for the fast response :) You've got mail! Waiting anxiously :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:21 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks! Forgot to ask:

What OS version are you running under and what is your CPU? Also, what themes does this happen under besides BorgX? Does it _always_ happen with that specific theme? Does it happen only when you click on the menu button or when the sub-menu opens automatically? Does it only happen on themes with some kind of animation? What happens if you disable the menu animations for that theme - do you still get that error?

Looking for a pattern here. :D

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:39 pm 
I'm running the following
Windows XP Home
5.1 build 2600
Service pack 2
AMD Athlon XP 2100 +
1280 mb pc2100 ddr ram
ATI Radeon 7000 VE
Direct X 9.0 build 0940

This seems to happen on all the themes except the real old ones.
I've DL about 30 of them
You know when running regular windows and click on the start/programs menu and scroll up to a program you can right click and it will give you a menu to copy, open, send,make a shortcut etc. Well this is when I get the error message. Other than that everything runs fine I just have to remember not to do that :) But it is annoying when I forget, have to bring up task manager and restart the computer.....oh well thanks for you replys maybe you can suggest something more. :)
:D :D :D :D :wink: :wink: :P :P :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:51 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ah, you're talking about the right click context menu then... Does it also happen if you disable menu animations?

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:15 pm 
Disabled animations and still get error message :( ...oh well :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:29 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm still focusing on WorkShelf v1.70 which will be released shortly - I'm going to work on NextSTART next and I will give particular attention to this problem.

However, besides you, nobody else reported this problem in (has anybody seen this?), and I can't reproduce it here. Doesn't help much. :(

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 8 posts ]