Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Will Winstep Products Still Work Win10 Removing Features
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:56 pm 

Hi Jorge, I have a serious concern. I've been reading up on Windows 10 and I found out that there are some things that will be no longer available that was available on Windows 7. My concern is #3 in the list that I copied and pasted from one of Kim Komando's articles. Will all of the Winstep products (and third-party themes) still work?

1. If you have Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 8 Pro with Media Center, or Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center and you install Windows 10, Windows Media Center will be removed.

2. Watching DVDs requires separate playback software.

3. Windows 7 desktop gadgets will be removed as part of installing Windows 10.

4. Windows 10 Home users will have updates from Windows Update automatically available. Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Enterprise users will have the ability to defer updates.

5. Solitaire, Minesweeper, and Hearts games that come pre-installed on Windows 7 will be removed as part of installing the Windows 10 upgrade. Microsoft has released our version of Solitaire and Minesweeper called the “Microsoft Solitaire Collection” and “Microsoft Minesweeper.”

6. If you have a USB floppy drive, you will need to download the latest driver from Windows Update or from the manufacturer's website.

7. If you have Windows Live Essentials installed on your system, the OneDrive application is removed and replaced with the inbox version of OneDrive.

http://www.komando.com/happening-now/31 ... pgrade/all

Post subject: Re: Will Winstep Products Still Work Win10 Removing Features
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:51 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Winstep Xtreme desktop modules/gadgets are independent and self-contained, they have nothing to do with Windows 7 gadgets.

Profile WWW 

Post subject: Re: Will Winstep Products Still Work Win10 Removing Features
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:12 pm 

Great! I was worried that since Microsoft removed all of those features, especially the gadget one that (I've never used obviously because I have Winstep Xtreme) it would interfere with the functionality of Winstep products because I know there are things about Windows that has caused issues that you have had to find workarounds for.

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]