Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 858 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 58  Next
 Post subject: Re: Winstep Wish List
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:40 pm 

I´d like to be able to connect drawers, or to add dividers with labels.
Like shelfes, but without the need to click tab´s. Just for a beautiful organization.

Attachments:
Connect_us.jpg
Connect_us.jpg [ 23.88 KiB | Viewed 173833 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:53 pm 

Refine and include something like Nick's CallHotSpot executable, so that we can open NS menus from other (i.e. non-NS) applications or shortcuts. For instance, I might use it to start a specific NS menu from an ObjectDock shortcut or from AveDesk.

On the eyecandy side:

4. Use of PNGs or other file formats so that we can have skins with selective transparency.

[Moderator's Note: Removed spam links that were edited in on April 24th. Sneaky spammers! -DDRic]

Last edited by mikestanley464 on Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:41 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

mikestanley464 wrote:
Refine and include something like Nick's CallHotSpot executable, so that we can open NS menus from other (i.e. non-NS) applications or shortcuts. For instance, I might use it to start a specific NS menu from an ObjectDock shortcut or from AveDesk.

Would that be anything like the HotSpot feature that's already in the program?

mikestanley464 wrote:
4. Use of PNGs or other file formats so that we can have skins with selective transparency.

Why is there a #4? What happened to 1, 2, and 3?

And, for what it's worth, the theme I'm using, DarkTech, is full of PNGs.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:29 pm 

An own working Nexus Aeroglass, not depending on a dude which ask for donations, but lacks updating his work.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 6:10 am 

Before trying this software, the Nexus Dock, I have a question, how it handles the stacks? I mean if it have a stack function for the directories/folders added on the dock, for going throught each folder opened from the dock, or it opens directories just as links. I saw some info and watched vids about this dock, but there was nothing in this regard.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 3:33 pm 

1Al wrote:
Before trying this software, the Nexus Dock, I have a question, how it handles the stacks? I mean if it have a stack function for the directories/folders added on the dock, for going throught each folder opened from the dock, or it opens directories just as links. I saw some info and watched vids about this dock, but there was nothing in this regard.

I have stacks set up in the dock. IMO they don't work quite as well as macOS style stacks; my main issue is that they will always show folders on top, even if you have the file sorting set to sort by date. So if a directory has 5-7 folders in it, any files in that stack are pushed up out of view and you have to scroll to access them, which is annoying.

I have a grid stack set up at 1 icon wide, 10 icons high to mirror how macOS stacks function. I have also checked off the option to have the stacks be reversed, so the most recent file is at the bottom of the stack, closest to the dock, as they work on mac as well.

I've attached how it looks with some custom theming I've done. I've also attached what I'm talking about in regards to the folders taking up all the space so more recent files need to be scrolled to. All the folders you see in this view are much older than the AI file at the very top of the stack. Ideally this file would show up at the very bottom of the stack, since it is the most recently modified file, but I inquired about this on this forum and was told this was not functionality that would be added, despite it being possible on windows through apps like "standalone stacks" and others, though those apps do not work quite as well in other ways as the built in Nexus stacks functionality

https://imgur.com/a/EGOVraM

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 12:05 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

1Al wrote:

Note that the free version of Nexus does not offer grid stacks at all, they are only available with Nexus Ultimate or the Winstep Xtreme suite.

Folders and files are normally always just links, not actual files/folders.

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 6:12 am 

caseyls wrote:

I've attached how it looks with some custom theming I've done. I've also attached what I'm talking about in regards to the folders taking up all the space so more recent files need to be scrolled to. All the folders you see in this view are much older than the AI file at the very top of the stack. Ideally this file would show up at the very bottom of the stack, since it is the most recently modified file, but I inquired about this on this forum and was told this was not functionality that would be added, despite it being possible on windows through apps like "standalone stacks" and others, though those apps do not work quite as well in other ways as the built in Nexus stacks functionality

https://imgur.com/a/EGOVraM

nexter wrote:
Note that the free version of Nexus does not offer grid stacks at all, they are only available with Nexus Ultimate or the Winstep Xtreme suite.

Thanks for replies, now it all much more clear. Actually that sounds like we don't have for Windows a dock handling (especially for stacks) like macOS do. I'm currently using Standalonestack 2, which to me seems albeit with some limits, the most similar to functionality of macOS dock.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 11:04 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

1Al wrote:
nexter wrote:

Thanks for replies, now it all much more clear. Actually that sounds like we don't have for Windows a dock handling (especially for stacks) like macOS do. I'm currently using Standalonestack 2, which to me seems albeit with some limits, the most similar to functionality of macOS dock.

Well, this isn't the "Dark Side" aka macOS after all. :) The way the dock, grid stacks and other components work is just dandy as it is. (Well, I could possibly grumble that the dock does far too many things for my liking.... :) ) If you want macOS functionality, best stick to macOS (and its extreme data harvesting). We can't have it all, after all. (And as far as I'm aware, mac dock and stacks only use links, too, actually, certainly the original NeXT dock - which mac is, essentially - worked exactly that way.)

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 2:59 am 

nexter wrote:
Well, this isn't the "Dark Side" aka macOS after all. :) The way the dock, grid stacks and other components work is just dandy as it is. (Well, I could possibly grumble that the dock does far too many things for my liking.... :) ) If you want macOS functionality, best stick to macOS (and its extreme data harvesting). We can't have it all, after all. (And as far as I'm aware, mac dock and stacks only use links, too, actually, certainly the original NeXT dock - which mac is, essentially - worked exactly that way.)

I've a pc but a iMac too. So when I'm on pc I do miss many useful features of macOS, which make the user experience very pleasant, satisfactory and most productive. In terms of data harvesting and chaotic unconfortable usage, I think Win10 is the overall winner :) indeed I never installed that OS on my pc. Anyway, for instance, just Win 10 copied some old, but always very useful features of macOS, such as task view-Mission Control and virtual desktops. I hope in the future will be finally avaiable for Windows, a dock really macOS-like, where basically you can reach (and also open files or just see its previews/info) any directory from a single place, without opening uselessly windows and programs.

Post subject: System tray icons on Nexus Ultimate
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:53 am 

If we leave the sys tray icons to show all and ungrouped, we have way too many gorgeous but seldom used icons at hand.

When the sys tray icons are grouped and set to show all, the icons are very, very small and even though we've substituted high res icons, they look absurd compared to the docks other gorgeous icons. They are actually hard to correctly click when need be.(pic1)
Attachment:
1.jpg
1.jpg [ 28.16 KiB | Viewed 170668 times ]

If we uncheck "always show all sys tray icons" in grouped, we get the very small "updated" icons again and a larger expand button that when clicked on...gives us the remaining small icons but without "updated" icons in their original form. Weird.(pic2)
Attachment:
2.jpg
2.jpg [ 29.05 KiB | Viewed 170668 times ]

The docks sys tray expand button seams to be a more appropriate size for the sys tray icons.(pic3)
Attachment:
3.jpg
3.jpg [ 23.77 KiB | Viewed 170668 times ]

Is there any chance of a settable feature for these icons?
Maybe even just enlarge the sys tray icons to the size of the expand button and have the expand button the same size but offset and centered as it currently is?

Please and thank you!!
With a cherry on top?
Sprinkles?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:09 am 

dafassi wrote:
Like shelfes, but without the need to click tab´s. Just for a beautiful organization.

It's a good idea. i also want it in the new update if possible.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:21 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Nobity wrote:
dafassi wrote:

Not very likely to happen. And if so, I'm pretty sure there are a shedload of other things that need to be done first so something like this should have to go very much on the back-burner.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:26 pm 

nexter wrote:
Nobity wrote:
dafassi wrote:

Not very likely to happen. And if so, I'm pretty sure there are a shedload of other things that need to be done first so something like this should have to go very much on the back-burner.

This statement seems to indicate familiarity with Winstep's development priorities. Is that, in fact, the case?

Chuck

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:10 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Chuck wrote:
nexter wrote:

This statement seems to indicate familiarity with Winstep's development priorities. Is that, in fact, the case?

Yes, I think I have a reasonably good idea of development priorities, and I know there are things on Jorge's 'to do' list that he's been wanting to do for the longest time and that should already have been done, plus there are a number of bugs/buglets/issues that still need addressing.

As for the above, I would think this is in any case a very, very unlikely thing to get on the list.

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 858 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 58  Next