Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 858 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 58  Next
 Post subject: Re: Winstep Wish List
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:13 am 

nexter wrote:
Yes, I think I have a reasonably good idea of development priorities, and I know there are things on Jorge's 'to do' list that he's been wanting to do for the longest time and that should already have been done, plus there are a number of bugs/buglets/issues that still need addressing.

As for the above, I would think this is in any case a very, very unlikely thing to get on the list.

Have you actually heard from Jorge? Is he ok?

Chuck

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:20 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Chuck wrote:
nexter wrote:
Yes, I think I have a reasonably good idea of development priorities, and I know there are things on Jorge's 'to do' list that he's been wanting to do for the longest time and that should already have been done, plus there are a number of bugs/buglets/issues that still need addressing.

As for the above, I would think this is in any case a very, very unlikely thing to get on the list.

Have you actually heard from Jorge? Is he ok?

See Announcements and posts here in General Discussion.

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:06 am 

nexter wrote:
Nobity wrote:
dafassi wrote:
I´d like to be able to connect drawers, or to add dividers with labels.
Like shelfes, but without the need to click tab´s. Just for a beautiful organization.

It's a good idea. i also want it in the new update if possible.

Not very likely to happen. And if so,kinemaster mod I'm pretty sure there are a shedload of other things that need to be done first so something like this should have to go very much on the back-burner.

reality s**ks. :cry: :cry: :cry:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:41 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Until further notice, would users please refrain from posting any further wish list items to this thread or for that matter anywhere else. Thank you.

The reason for this is that it is already difficult enough as is for Jorge to catch up with all the new posts here when he does eventually return.

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:59 am 

Nexter told me to write my idea as a wish:

Many people are frustrated because of the fixed taskbar in Windows 11. Therefore, many will do the same thing as I did. Replacing the taskbar with the Nexus Dock. For me, this is even necessary, because I have an ultra wide screen (3840x1080) and the Windows taskbar takes up too much space.

Because of this, I would like to see an adaptation to Windows 11 for the next update, including the widget function. Maybe it would be good if the Dock could have an option to react on the WIN key.

Also, I would like to have a way to determine the position at which running programs show up in the dock. This could be done either by adding an anchor for the running programs or by adding the option "[X] Align right" to elements.

Here is an example of how I would normally build my dock:

It would be really cool if you could add this options.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:50 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

DracoC2M wrote:
Nexter told me to write my idea as a wish:

Many people are frustrated because of the fixed taskbar in Windows 11. Therefore, many will do the same thing as I did. Replacing the taskbar with the Nexus Dock. For me, this is even necessary, because I have an ultra wide screen (3840x1080) and the Windows taskbar takes up too much space.

Because of this, I would like to see an adaptation to Windows 11 for the next update, including the widget function. Maybe it would be good if the Dock could have an option to react on the WIN key.

Also, I would like to have a way to determine the position at which running programs show up in the dock. This could be done either by adding an anchor for the running programs or by adding the option "[X] Align right" to elements.

Here is an example of how I would normally build my dock:

It would be really cool if you could add this options.

OK, I'll let this one stand. I thought you'd have posted this sooner, that's why I delayed posting the restriction. :)

Post subject: Re: Winstep Wish List - POST RESCINDED!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:53 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Until further notice, would users please refrain from posting any further wish list items to this thread or for that matter anywhere else. Thank you.

Please be aware that any further posts either here or in new threads in the forum may well be deleted for now.

The reason for this is that it is already difficult enough as is for Jorge to catch up with all the new posts here when he does eventually return.

Post subject: Re: Winstep Wish List - POST RESCINDED!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:37 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

nexter wrote:

Please be aware that any further posts either here or in new threads in the forum may well be deleted for now.

This is now rescinded, so feel free. :) By advisement of the Big Guy himself, no less! ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:23 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Jorge, one feature query a while back stuck in my head because it's a darn good/useful one so I'll propose it here as a 'wish list' feature request. Progress bar on tasklist icons. :)

And arising from a thread, or a couple of threads on theme creation and verical monitors/themes, how about at some point perhaps making a small change to wallpaper handling - have Winstep automatically switch to a vertical WP if available in the theme (WallpaperV, perhaps?) if the display is in portrait mode? Given that more and more of us use vertical displays in one way or another, this would be a nice touch. Especially given that most WPs look pretty sick in portrait format displays.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:23 pm 

nexter wrote:
Progress bar on tasklist icons. :)

have Winstep automatically switch to a vertical WP if available in the theme (WallpaperV, perhaps?) if the display is in portrait mode? Given that more and more of us use vertical displays in one way or another, this would be a nice touch. Especially given that most WPs look pretty sick in portrait format displays.

Pretty nice ideas, pal. Progress bar on the icons will sure eliminate the need to open the process window.

:Moderator's note - signature removed as contains spam link, albeit 'mild'. - nexter/:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:56 pm 

Hi there! I'm a new Nexus Dock user, switching from a modified Windows taskbar due to the lack of ability to change UWP icons (specifically the Xbox App and Your Phone app). Thanks MS! I am thoroughly enjoying all the extra customization features! I used to use a different dock previously, but switched due to CPU usage. Enjoying Nexus Dock's efficiency!

The only thing I'm finding limiting at this point in time is hover animations. Specifically, I was hoping to replicate what the Win10 taskbar does, where icons essentially have their background "highlighted" when you hover over them (The open indicator also expands on hover, but I'm okay without this). I was thinking I would like the "fade in" option, but I was hoping it would fade the icon out on hover rather than have them faded out by default. To be fair, this does make sense for the name "fade in".

So essentially I was hoping for one of two things: The ability to invert an effect (so that icons "fade out" on hover or go grayscale on hover rather than by default) or a hover effect that places a translucent background behind the icon.

Thanks so much for your software, it is great stuff!

-Kamren

Edit: I ended up reverting to Windows Taskbar after buying extreme haha. Best regards

Last edited by KryptoKam on Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:47 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Given that Jorge is currently temporarily absent due to health issues, it may be a good idea not to add further posts to the wish list until he returns to active service. Thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:17 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

nexter wrote:
Given that Jorge is currently temporarily absent due to health issues, it may be a good idea not to add further posts to the wish list until he returns to active service. Thank you.

Well, that was mercifully short - Jorge's back, thank goodness, and unstoppable it would seem! ;)

So, post away! 8)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:10 pm 

I'd like to request hiding the network and volume icons in the system tray? The newest update added them back, but I liked them hidden.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:49 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

AlDollaz wrote:
I'd like to request hiding the network and volume icons in the system tray? The newest update added them back, but I liked them hidden.

What the...?!! :D

This post is the perfect example of how you can never please everyone... ehehehe

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 858 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 58  Next