Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 858 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 58  Next
 Post subject: Re: Winstep Wish List
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:15 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

winstep wrote:
AlDollaz wrote:
I'd like to request hiding the network and volume icons in the system tray? The newest update added them back, but I liked them hidden.

What the...?!! :D

This post is the perfect example of how you can never please everyone... ehehehe

LOL! Joke of the month!

Well, you can please some of the people all of the time, and you can even please all of the people some of the time. But you can never please all of the people all of the time! ;)

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:38 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

winstep wrote:
AlDollaz wrote:
I'd like to request hiding the network and volume icons in the system tray? The newest update added them back, but I liked them hidden.

Jorge, when you add an option to hide those elements, can you also add an option to hide the option that lets you hide those elements? I don't want to see the "Hide Network and Volume icons" option, so please let me hide that. :-p

Just kidding.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:35 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

DesertDwarf wrote:
winstep wrote:
AlDollaz wrote:

Jorge, when you add an option to hide those elements, can you also add an option to hide the option that lets you hide those elements? I don't want to see the "Hide Network and Volume icons" option, so please let me hide that. :-p

Just kidding.

LOL! Hmm.... I don't know though, hypothetically speaking I think I seriously might want an option to disable such an option were it ever to be implemented! :P 8)

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:34 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

[Note: I was unable to fully quote reply because of the antiquated forum software. Boo! "You may embed only 3 quotes within each other." So just pretend I did that.]

So, you want an option
that disables the option
that hides the option
to hide the network and volume icons?

I fully support this idea!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:10 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

DesertDwarf wrote:
[Note: I was unable to fully quote reply because of the antiquated forum software. Boo! "You may embed only 3 quotes within each other." So just pretend I did that.]

So, you want an option
that disables the option
that hides the option

Want it!? I would absolutely *demand* it! :P

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:37 pm 

nexter wrote:
DesertDwarf wrote:

So, you want an option
that disables the option
that hides the option

what about One option to hide them all?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:35 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

seeker wrote:
nexter wrote:
DesertDwarf wrote:

So, you want an option
that disables the option
that hides the option

what about One option to hide them all?

LOL! (I'm sure apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien are in order here....)

But, yes, absolutely! Perfect! 8) On a serious note, we have far too many options IMO. Too much choice is never a good thing.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:04 pm 

Bonjour à tous et toutes...

Voilà, j'ai une petite requête concernant l'écorchage pour George que je remercie pour son énorme travail et son super logiciel "Winstep".
Je réalise pas mal de thèmes pour ce logiciel et parfois un petit détail me chagrine concernant la couleur de l'heure dans le "sysback" ou notification, elle est toujours de la même couleur que l'on donne au "Tasks" dans la "Startbar". C'est un simple détail, mais serait il possible d'ajouter la fonction de pouvoir lui donner une couleur différente si possible car parfois pour exemple du rouge sur du rouge on ne vois plus l'heure, on est donc obliger de réaliser un "Sysback" complet de couleur différente...

Cordialement et merci...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:30 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Picco14 wrote:

Voilà, j'ai une petite requête concernant l'écorchage pour George que je remercie pour son énorme travail et son super logiciel "Winstep".
Je réalise pas mal de thèmes pour ce logiciel et parfois un petit détail me chagrine concernant la couleur de l'heure dans le "sysback" ou notification, elle est toujours de la même couleur que l'on donne au "Tasks" dans la "Startbar". C'est un simple détail, mais serait il possible d'ajouter la fonction de pouvoir lui donner une couleur différente si possible car parfois pour exemple du rouge sur du rouge on ne vois plus l'heure, on est donc obliger de réaliser un "Sysback" complet de couleur différente...

Cordialement et merci...

Hmm, perhaps somebody could post a machine translation here? Unfortunately I don't have the time.

Really, I wish people whose command of English is either insufficient or non-existent would post machine translations themselves! This board, after all, is an English language one! (Hmm, it occurs to me that his is something that ought to be incorporated into the 'Board Rules....', ne c'est pas? :P

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:37 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Picco has spent many, many, many hours making Winstep themes... I think he has earned the right not to have to spend a second longer in Google Translate lol... :D

What he meant might also be lost in the translation and as it is my French is luckily good enough to understand what he wrote without having to resort to a machine translation. :P

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:53 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

winstep wrote:
Picco has spent many, many, many hours making Winstep themes... I think he has earned the right not to have to spend a second longer in Google Translate lol... :D

What he meant might also be lost in the translation and as it is my French is luckily good enough to understand what he wrote without having to resort to a machine translation. :P

Yes, I'm aware of Picco's efforts, and he's a very helpful chap actually. So this wasn't really directed at him personally and that's why I asked if somebody could post a machine translation. (French into English generally works OK-ish, the other way around tends to be extremely problematic, BTW.)

Forgot you speak la Française - so very curious what Picco's post was actually about. :) (I did learn French at school, along with Latin and later Spanish, but very little of it remains in my head, alas, and mostly rather profane stuff in French, and as for Latin, mostly etymological stuff concerning Latin loan-words in English and that sort of thing plus some common sayings. Oh, and a few bits'n'bobs of - Brazilian - Portuguese stuck from my childhood, learned at Granddad's feet. So, merde, maqaqeno. ;) :P ) (Apparently a favourite expression of an aunt's, who had the good fortune to grow up in Brazil. :) )

:Edit: Forgot that the L - O - A - N word gets rendered as 'spam' - cant's remember why.... :/Edit:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:34 pm 

Merci Jorge...

Avec tout mon respect pour "Nexter" et tout son super travail sur le site, je le trouve un peu facile. Je ne vois pas ou est le problème d'écrire uniquement en Anglais, je navigue très souvent sur le site sans pour autant intervenir. Après tout, des personnes de tout pays achètent le logiciel. Moi je passe mon temps à surligner l'anglais puis traduction automatique en français sans problème...
Même, certaines personnes très renommées sur le site "Wincustomize" me demande de ne
pas "m'emmerder à écrire en anglais" excusez du peu, mais de leur parler en français directement. Je comprends assez bien l'anglais mais pour l'écrire couramment c'est autre chose...
J'ai cru comprendre que Jorge est de Lisbonne, mon ex-épouse a double nationnalité, ma fille qui vit avec moi égalemment "Française et Portugaise", pendant quinze ans, j'ai passé mes vacances plusieurs fois par an à "Sao Cosme do Vale" à côté de "Vila Nova de Famalicao". J'ai eu le temps de visiter tout le pays et je connais assez bien Lisbonne, c'est un pays magnifique et je regrette de ne plus y retouner...
Bon, J'en ai fini, c'est pas le topic pour parler de tout ça...

Merci encore à Jorge et Nexter pour votre travail...
A bientôt...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:34 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Picco14 wrote:

Cordialement et merci...

OK, for those of us who speak French like a Spanish cow like me.... ;) I've taken time out to do a machine translation. Less than perfect I'm sure, but one gets the idea. :)

"Hello everyone...

That's it, I have a small request regarding skinning for George that I thank for his huge work and his great software "Winstep".
I make quite a few themes for this software and sometimes a small detail grieves me about the color of the time in the "sysback" or notification, it is always the same color that we give to the "Tasks" in the "Startbar". This is a simple detail, but would it be possible to add the function of being able to give it a different color if possible because sometimes for example red on red we no longer see the time, so we are forced to perform a complete "Sysback" of different color...

Sincerely and thank you..."

Good idea, I definitely second that Picco and Jorge. :D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:57 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Picco14 wrote:
Merci Jorge...

Avec tout mon respect pour "Nexter" et tout son super travail sur le site, je le trouve un peu facile. Je ne vois pas ou est le problème d'écrire uniquement en Anglais, je navigue très souvent sur le site sans pour autant intervenir. Après tout, des personnes de tout pays achètent le logiciel. Moi je passe mon temps à surligner l'anglais puis traduction automatique en français sans problème...
Même, certaines personnes très renommées sur le site "Wincustomize" me demande de ne
pas "m'emmerder à écrire en anglais" excusez du peu, mais de leur parler en français directement. Je comprends assez bien l'anglais mais pour l'écrire couramment c'est autre chose...
J'ai cru comprendre que Jorge est de Lisbonne, mon ex-épouse a double nationnalité, ma fille qui vit avec moi égalemment "Française et Portugaise", pendant quinze ans, j'ai passé mes vacances plusieurs fois par an à "Sao Cosme do Vale" à côté de "Vila Nova de Famalicao". J'ai eu le temps de visiter tout le pays et je connais assez bien Lisbonne, c'est un pays magnifique et je regrette de ne plus y retouner...
Bon, J'en ai fini, c'est pas le topic pour parler de tout ça...

Merci encore à Jorge et Nexter pour votre travail...
A bientôt...

Seems even less perfect than the last, but here goes another machine translation.

"With all due respect to "Nexter" and all his great work on the site, I find it a little easy. I do not see where is the problem of writing only in English, I browse the site very often without intervening. After all, people from any country buy the software. I spend my time highlighting English and then automatic translation into French without problems...
Even, some very renowned people on the site "Wincustomize" ask me not to
not to "bother writing in English" excuse me a little, but to speak to them in French directly. I understand English quite well but to write it fluently is something else...
I understood that Jorge is from Lisbon, my ex-wife has dual nationality, my daughter who lives with me equally "French and Portuguese", for fifteen years I spent my holidays several times a year in "Sao Cosme do Vale" next to "Vila Nova de Famalicao". I had time to visit the whole country and I know Lisbon quite well, it is a beautiful country and I regret not going back there again...
Well, I'm done, this is not the topic to talk about all this...

Thanks again to Jorge and Nexter for your work...
See you soon..."

Picco, I apologize if my first reply came across as a bit facile (yes, it's a French l - o - a - n word in Eng. :) ). It certainly wasn't directed at you personally, it's just we seem to get a fair amount of posts by non-native English speakers with a less than adequate command of the language (I know that yours is pretty good actually) and it's impossible most of the time to make sense of such posts. That is why I like to take every opportunity to encourage such potential posters to use machine translation from their native language. I certainly normally don't have the time (nor inclination) to spend trying to guess what people are trying to say, or to machine translate into English.

Well, as for machine translation from English into French, I have had quite a few very unfortunate experiences myself. Some even I could spot for what they were, others were pointed out to me by the recipients. :) Terrible insults, mostly. :) And the original English text was perfectly innocuous. Merde! Pardonnez moi mon Anglais, as they say in France. ;) :P

Some people have all the luck! Lisboa! Long been on my bucket list for all the art, architecture and history, and of course, food. :D

And it's 'aux revoir' from me. 8)

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 3:36 pm 

Hello Everyone...

another request concerning skinning, would it be possible to implement the
possibility of embedding an image or a photo in the "ButtonA" or "ButtonI"
menu and which is not subject to stretching or deformation when opening
from the menu. This solution existed in the "AstonShell" software which was
neglected and abandoned by its designer for reasons that I do not know and
surely justified after windows 7.
Another thing, the possibility of adding animations at the top of the "TitleA"
or TitleI" menu when opening the menu as we sometimes see on
"Windowblinds" themes that I do not use on a daily basis but which I use for
convert some themes to "Winstep".
I noticed in the ".wst" config file an animation part, but I still don't
understand how it works and how to use it.
Another thing, the possibility of adding a close and close over button in the
different modules to close them individually without going through their
menus and also an over button to change the months in the calendar for
example "WsCalleftArrowOver"...
I know it's a lot of work and that there are other more important problems to
solve, it's just a request that is not essential and maybe these solutions are
already implemented and I don't have yet managed to discover them and if
they already exist, how to introduce them into the theme.

I made the effort to write in english and even if it is not good, I hope it
will be understandable...
With all my respect for all the people who work on Winstep and on this site...
Sincerely...

Picco14.

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 858 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 58  Next