Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 858 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58
 Post subject: Re: Winstep Wish List
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:08 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Floating docks will not collapse for no reason. Double check your auto-hide settings in Dock Properties -> Behavior tab -> Auto-Hide Settings button. Also verify the two main auto-hide settings in the Behavior tab itself.

Also, look at the activation settings as well, in particular 'Activation acts as a toggle...'

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:07 pm 

None of the autohide or activation settings are on for those 2 docks.

I did have the activation acts as a toggle on so I turned that off, maybe that'll do it. Not sure why that would even trigger though, they collapse when I'm in an entirely different window and my mouse is nowhere near them lol. And it's always only 1 or the other, never both.

But we'll see if that fixes it. Weird though since the activation and autohide stuff is all off completely for them. I only need them on the desktop and they don't need to hide as there's nothing else on my desktop but a few gadgets lol.

But that reminded me of another issue I had with the shelf stuff actually, in addition to the previously discussed stuff the worst issue was it always grabbing focus, if it didn't I could just mouse away from it and it would hide and it wouldn't be a big deal, but it does grab focus as soon as it starts to open (at I think around 30% open) so that forces me to click somewhere else to collapse it before going back to what I was doing.

Now I noted in the activation settings for the docks there's a checkbox for if you want it to grab focus or not, but the shelves (and drawers) don't have that setting so they always grab focus.

Not a big deal with the drawers because I tucked them in spots I won't accidently activate them so if I am activating them it's fine.

But is it possible to add the grab focus option to the shelves too? That would mitigate the issue somewhat because I could just mouse away but as it stands it grabs focus automatically so I have to click somewhere else to take the focus back and there's no option to turn grab focus off for the shelves.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:19 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

whmxtra wrote:
nexter wrote:
Ah, right, the sort of Cent-OS successor. Like the concept of an 8-year LTS! :) Didn't realise cPanel was still around! Came across it in the '90s - shows you how long I've been out of touch with that side of things. :)

Yeah, CentOS was my preferred flavor but since I have to deal with cPanel and they don't support it anymore I had to move all my customers to Alma servers. It's pretty much the same anyways. At least I have 8 years before I have to worry about doing server moves again, hopefully I'll be retired by then :)

That 8 year TLS has a lot of advantages. :) Actually, I think all major distros should have that, with an added 'grace' period of another 2 years of security and essentials updates. Never going to happen though - things change far too quickly for that, alas.
whmxtra wrote:
cPanel actually started in the 90's so you must have come across them in their early days right after they left burstnet/nocster.

It's come a long ways in terms of features etc, but now they sold out to an investment company that is stuffing it all up. That same company literally owns every single web control panel for servers and VPS systems, with the exception of windows. Hell they even bought WHMCS.

Ouch, that's a real bugger. In effect a monopoly - shouldn't be allowed. :|

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 858 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58