Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 858 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 58  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:10 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unfortunately there is currently no way to do that, but I really like the idea, so you can probably count on some kind of utility button in Prefs to do just that in the next release.

What I'm imagining right now is a Change Fonts button in the Theme Manager Preferences tab (best place for it because, to make changes effective, you must also re-save the theme) which, when clicked on, will list all the fonts being used in the current theme. You can then click on each of the different fonts and replace them with something else. How's that?

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:37 am 

[EDIT] Oops, sorry Jorge, I didn't see your post. Damn concurrency. Give me back single tasking, dammit. :lol:
Yep, like the idea of a button in the theme panel, that makes sense.[/EDIT]
Stein, that's a great idea, and I heartily second it. A "theme default" font that could have different "sticky" attributes (size, colour, bolding) but be able to be changed from a single point in the code, would be a real timesaver when trying or developing themes.

On a similar note, the ability to set/reset all the z-order/transparency/clickthrough settings for the gadgets would also be useful. It only saves 30 seconds or so, but boy I could use 30 seconds every week! 8)

Maybe having a "one-way" application, where setting or clearing a "master" checkbox/control would set/reset all the font/display settings, but then allow individual settings to be modified manually without always overriding them with the checkbox's control. Like a one-shot.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:26 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
the ability to set/reset all the z-order/transparency/clickthrough settings for the gadgets would also be useful

I agree, which is why it is already there, hehe. Look for the 'Apply to All' button in the Module Preferences tab of WorkShelf Preferences. :wink:

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:10 am 

D'OH! :oops:

The only catch (now that I've actually RTFS and used it!) is that it also applies the "show on desktop", which I would normally think of as definitely a per-gadget setting, but that's easy to work around, and I'm sure even thinking of multiple applicability settings would turn people off.

Sorry about that, chief!

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:44 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
Grouped tasks do not activate the window on mouse hover.

Just added this feature to Xtreme 8.1! :wink:

Quote:
The only catch (now that I've actually RTFS and used it!) is that it also applies the "show on desktop",

Not anymore - nor does it apply the 'Show in All Shelves' or the new module hotkey settings.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:07 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
Pet peeve: I often find that a particular theme's fonts are not ideal for me and I want to tweek them

Added a Fonts Manager button in the Themes Manager tab of NextSTART and WorkShelf Preferences that opens a dialog listing all the fonts used in the current theme. From there you can quickly replace all of them too.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:26 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
When deleting an item from a shelf you lose the ability to scroll with the scroll wheel.

Fixed this one for 8.1 too! :D

Profile WWW 

Post subject: NextStart better side docking configuration
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:52 pm 

I'm a new user to this having used Stardock's ObjectBar for quite a while, except now they don't seem to care about it anymore, so I'm giving this a try.

I like having my taskbar on the left hand side, and other stuff on top, and I've configured winstep extreme to do that. A couple of things I'd love to see NextStart add to get back to where I had myself configured with object bar :) (if interested you can see the ObjectBar screenshot I created here: http://www.wincustomize.com/skins.aspx? ... 51&libid=4
)

1) When NextStart is docked to the left (or right), can there be an option to 'wrap' the sys tray onto multiple rows?

2) Add the ability to resize the sections. I.e. let me drag the divider for the systray up to provide more room for wrapping in #1. And to drag the divider down for the tasklist so there can be some empty space and the tasks are more towards the center rather than the top left.

3) Ability to set the width of the bar when its docked to the side.

4) Any chance to add a 'shelf' as a section? It would render it as a simple folder that would pop open its contents when you clicked on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:08 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
1) When NextStart is docked to the left (or right), can there be an option to 'wrap' the sys tray onto multiple rows?

For the moment, the systray in NextSTART is actually a 'hack' that captures the real Windows systray into the startbar. This has the advantage that, since you're dealing with the real thing, it doesn't 'lose' icons or has other weird problems like systray replacements do, but, on the other hand, it's more difficult to configure. NextSTART can't change the original systray size, for instance.

So, to make the Systray multi-row, you need to temporarilly disable NextSTART task management (Main NextSTART Menu -> Settings -> Toggle NS Task Management) and re-size the Windows Taskbar until the systray has the size/rows you want. Then re-enable NS Task Management.

Quote:
Add the ability to resize the sections. I.e. let me drag the divider for the systray up to provide more room for wrapping in #1.

Because of reason 1 above, this won't accomplish much. However, I'm currently working on an actual systray replacement, in which case the options for what you could do to the systray will literaly 'explode'. :wink:

Quote:
Ability to set the width of the bar when its docked to the side.

Added to the to-do list. I think the biggest problem with startbars on the sides of the screen is that most skins do not have the bitmaps/settings for it.

Quote:
Any chance to add a 'shelf' as a section? It would render it as a simple folder that would pop open its contents when you clicked on it.

How about creating a NeXuS dock, setting it to Always On Top and Auto-Collapse, and placing it over an empty space on the taskbar? If the taskbar is not itself set to Always on Top, this should work nicely.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:51 pm 

Workshelf

What I'd really like to see is for the mouseover window on the EMail module to show a list of sender and subject for all mails in the inbox so you don't have to fire up the email client to see what the messages are.

Post subject: Mapi Email checker
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:36 pm 

Ability to have the email module watch exchange email and not just pop3 and imap

Post subject: My 2 cents worth. Better late than never !
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:21 am 

Reading the back news about NS and WS I noticed that a lot of request was already in the new versions!

I noticed one request that said to get Rid of Workshelf. Call me an Oddball if you will but I prefer workshelf over NS!!

A workaround to please everyone is to make Everything a option in the config file!! Maybe have two versions. One with the Registery and one with the INI file request.

I prefer the Registery myself. I have 5 computers and I have Admin power on all of them including my Wife's computer... :)

I do hope you Keep WS around for a long time to come tho.

My one suggestion is:

on nextstart "start" menu I noticed the double arrows had a Wide range of scrolling the menu list? I would like to see it where you would have to put your cursor on the "arrow" to move the menu list. I have trouble stopping it in the right place where I want it. Even with my Glasses on. :)

I might be over the hill on age but not useless YET!! :wink:

For what it is worth that is my 2 cents worth!

3flash

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:37 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
on nextstart "start" menu I noticed the double arrows had a Wide range of scrolling the menu list? I would like to see it where you would have to put your cursor on the "arrow" to move the menu list.

I'm not sure I completely understand the problem, but: :D

Open NextSTART Preferences and navigate to the Menu Preferences tab. In the Menu Scrolling section, select the 'More... instead of Scrolling' option - see if you like that better.

In there you can also disable or enable automatic scrolling (i.e. whether or not the menu starts scrolling when you mouse over the scroll buttons, without the need to actually mouse click on the scroll arrow).

Profile WWW 

Post subject: Replying to you
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:47 am 

winstep wrote:
Quote:
on nextstart "start" menu I noticed the double arrows had a Wide range of scrolling the menu list? I would like to see it where you would have to put your cursor on the "arrow" to move the menu list.

Quote:
I'm not sure I completely understand the problem, but: :D

It isn't really a problem. just a personal preference I guess.

Quote:
Open NextSTART Preferences and navigate to the Menu Preferences tab. In the Menu Scrolling section, select the 'More... instead of Scrolling' option - see if you like that better.

I have already changed it around every way possible. I like the scrolling better.

What I was talking about is. Hotspot \|/ hotspot

Crude picture but that may give you an idea what I was talking about. On either side of the small arrow to scroll it will scroll .
As well as on the arrow itself. Not really a big deal .

Quote:
In there you can also disable or enable automatic scrolling (i.e. whether or not the menu starts scrolling when you mouse over the scroll buttons, without the need to actually mouse click on the scroll arrow).

You would really be surprised how many times I have been in the Preference Menu. :lol: I have worned out my cursor I have been in there so many times.

Thanks for the reply and looking forward to the update...
3flash

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 2:23 am 

I would love to see an updated interface for the WSX preferences. Right now it feels to...uh... disjointed. Is it possible to unify the NS/WS settings interface into one big happy WSX one? Of course I realize that first there was NS, then WS, then Nx and then a unification of all three to WSX, but the preferences interface still reflects the separate nature of the components.

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 858 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 58  Next