Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 858 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 58  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 2:40 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

A brand new, much more modern, clean, organized and beautiful Preferences Interface has been in the backburner for some time. With it will come multi-language support as well.

Not sure about unifying the settings, though, since NextSTART and WorkShelf/NeXuS remain separate applications that can be run independently of each other.

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:37 pm 

Flat out.. the systray visuals have to be fixed. With all of the animated icons and such.. its unreadable from the get go on XP. I know why things are the way they are but IMHO it cripples Nextstart to have a systray with icons that look like blobs. If I were a new customer, why would I buy a product that doesn't work correctly? The only way to make it work right is to brake it out of the theme, removing all transparency, making it ugly in other ways. Sorry to whine but this has been a source of frustration for me for years with NS.

Profile ICQ 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:21 pm 

Maybe the arrows on the subdocks could be removed while on normal view. They are only useful when customizing or drag-dropping icons on them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:50 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

SteamHammer wrote:
Flat out.. the systray visuals have to be fixed. With all of the animated icons and such.. its unreadable from the get go on XP. I know why things are the way they are but IMHO it cripples Nextstart to have a systray with icons that look like blobs. If I were a new customer, why would I buy a product that doesn't work correctly? The only way to make it work right is to brake it out of the theme, removing all transparency, making it ugly in other ways. Sorry to whine but this has been a source of frustration for me for years with NS.

I would say WSX 9.5 made you a happy camper, heh, SteamHammer? :wink:

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:56 am 

Please consider making the delete nexus dock item confirmation property available from the WS preferences dialog, not just the recycler properties dialog. I just spent 8 minutes clicking on every tab and button in both WS and NS trying to find out how to eliminate the confirmations, and I only figured it out when I searched these forums, after I remembered that I asked before.

It's really, really important to me to be able to find global confirmations for the nexus docks in any dock that I'm looking at, not the "master dock" that gets installed by default (which I disabled after recreating my usual apps dock), and then remembering to turn on the recycler module as well... :(

I know it's really hard to keep all these settings available in an appropriate place, and I know a little bit of the massive effort you're putting in to simplifying the interface and options, and this is one of those "once per install" issues, but it would really, really be nice not to have to keep coming back to the forums to find out the answers again, again, again... (there's an echo in here here ere).

Thanks!

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:20 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

PC Pete wrote:
Please consider making the delete nexus dock item confirmation property available from the WS preferences dialog, not just the recycler properties dialog. I just spent 8 minutes clicking on every tab and button in both WS and NS trying to find out how to eliminate the confirmations, and I only figured it out when I searched these forums, after I remembered that I asked before.!

Funny you mentioned this, since a couple of days ago I've added that setting to the confirmation dialog itself *and* to the Advanced Settings dialog.

Profile WWW 

Post subject: Please no more spyware/trojans
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:58 am 

It looked like a good program... Until I installed it and it tried to update.
The updater tried to install Trojan-Spy.win32.vb
http://www.viruslist.com/en/viruses/enc ... usid=41937

Maybe there's a reason your site has been spammed?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:15 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ever heard of false positives?

Unfortunately they're a fact of life. :cry:

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:17 pm 

Nod32 reports no such trojan activity at all. Time for someone to upgrade to new AV software me thinks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:28 am 

Nivekian if you are using a freeware virus scanner, You might want to take a look at Avast, that one works great.
And does not trigger that often, as Avira or AVG does (bonus no pop-up)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:59 pm 

Actually of the 3 main Free AV tools - Avast comes up last in the last 2 test results at http://av-comparatives.org/

Avira performed better than both AVG and Avast in detection, and of the 3 Avast had the most False positives.

links for both reports are available at http://www.av-comparatives.org/comparat ... main-tests

February 2009 - On Demand Detection of Malicious Software

May 2009 - Proactive/Retrospective Test

You might want to consider reviewing your choice for antivirus. :wink:

(FWIW - I'm using NOD32)

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:11 pm 

BuBBy wrote:
Actually of the 3 main Free AV tools - Avast comes up last in the last 2 test results at http://av-comparatives.org/

Avira performed better than both AVG and Avast in detection, and of the 3 Avast had the most False positives.

links for both reports are available at http://www.av-comparatives.org/comparat ... main-tests

February 2009 - On Demand Detection of Malicious Software

May 2009 - Proactive/Retrospective Test

You might want to consider reviewing your choice for antivirus. :wink:

(FWIW - I'm using NOD32)

Those tests are made on the commercial editions of the software. I wouldn't trust the free editions to give even near the same results.

I'm running Norton Internet Security 2010 beta... Symantec really kicked butt with the 2009 edition, and 2010 looks even better!! :)

Post subject: Minimize to the dock
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:34 pm 

Hi folks,
I'm new to this forum and to nexus. I actually like the application, though I miss one feature to actually use it productively. I know from and love the feature of other docks to minimize the window to the dock. Is this also available or planned for the nexus dock. It is actually a deal breaker for me to use the dock. I haven't found any indication of this function in the forum, so my apologies if I have somehow overseen it.
I also would like to see a function of not only adding apps directly to the dock, but also put them into a stack/folder accessible via a dock (like xwindowdock). That would maintain a lean, less overloaded dock.
I would truly appreciate your opinion about these suggestions (if not already available). Thanks and cheers, Steve.

Post subject: Nexus
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:53 pm 
It would be nice if when Nexus is docked to the top, bottom, or sides, that any icons on the desktop adjusted their position to remain outside the Nexus dock, not under it. :idea:

Post subject: Re: Nexus
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:30 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fozzman wrote:
It would be nice if when Nexus is docked to the top, bottom, or sides, that any icons on the desktop adjusted their position to remain outside the Nexus dock, not under it. :idea:

Just tell it to reserve screen space (i.e. enable the 'Prevent maximized windows from overlaping the dock').

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 858 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 58  Next