Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 858 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 58  Next
 Post subject: Re: Winstep Wish List
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 4:36 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Picco, that is excellent English! :D Myself, I could barely string maybe a handful of sentences together in French, and then it usually comes out as, pordonnez moi mon Anglaise - merde! ;) Forgotten it all, along with all the other languages I learned as a kid, like Latin (what's called 'Island Latin' here) etc. etc. Even most of the languages I learned in my 'salad days'. :( I suppose it's a matter of not using something, you lose it.

Anyway, well done. And some interesting ideas too.

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:25 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Picco14 wrote:
Je réalise pas mal de thèmes pour ce logiciel et parfois un petit détail me chagrine concernant la couleur de l'heure dans le "sysback" ou notification, elle est toujours de la même couleur que l'on donne au "Tasks" dans la "Startbar". C'est un simple détail, mais serait il possible d'ajouter la fonction de pouvoir lui donner une couleur différente si possible car parfois pour exemple du rouge sur du rouge on ne vois plus l'heure, on est donc obliger de réaliser un "Sysback" complet de couleur différente...

Picco, for the next release (v22.5) I added the following OPTIONAL new theme settings used to define the text used for the clock and date text in the system tray. To retain backwards compatibility, if SysFontColor is defined then ALL other settings MUST be defined as well. If SysFontColor is not defined in the theme configuration file, all other settings below are ignored and the task button settings are used instead.

SysFont
SysFontSize
SysFontBold
SysFontItalic
SysFontColor
SysFontEffect
SysFontEffectColor
SysTextOffsetY

This should give you the control you require for the time and date text in the systray button.

I also promise to take into consideration the theme requests you made in your last post in an upcoming release, but in return I have a favor to ask from you: I would really appreciate it if you uploaded your existing themes to the Winstep Themes repository in this server (I will provide a link to it in a private message).

The Winstep themes repository is not publicly available yet as it still needs some work, which is why I am not posting the link to it here (but rather send it to you via PM). It uses the same login as this forum and you have FULL control over the themes you upload there (you can delete or modify them whenever you wish).

Please let me know what you decide. :D

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:07 pm 

I dont know if I or someone have suggested it, but note/sticky/reminder module
i already use Notepad by Zoho for across devices notes, and Stickies by Zorn software, but it would be nice to have something that would fit on my desktop graphically (although ugliness of stickies does serve to bring my attention to it)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:30 pm 

DracoC2M wrote:
Nexter told me to write my idea as a wish:

Many people are frustrated because of the fixed taskbar in Windows 11. Therefore, many will do the same thing as I did. Replacing the taskbar with the Nexus Dock. For me, this is even necessary, because I have an ultra wide screen (3840x1080) and the Windows taskbar takes up too much space.
Episode MOD APK

Because of this, I would like to see an adaptation to Windows 11 for the next update, including the widget function. Maybe it would be good if the Dock could have an option to react on the WIN key.

Also, I would like to have a way to determine the position at which running programs show up in the dock. This could be done either by adding an anchor for the running programs or by adding the option "[X] Align right" to elements.

Here is an example of how I would normally build my dock:

It would be really cool if you could add this options.

By fixed taskbar in Win11, you mean the taskbar position or the icons alignment on the taskbar?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:50 am 

well as there are waaaaay too much pages on the wish list now, I just wanna add a small request that maybe was asked before: a whatsapp desktop icon that shows a badge when there are new chats, and a mail icon that does the same for new unread emails (I use thunderbird). :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:35 am 

Jorge, when it comes time to give some love to modules, would it be possible to add an option to battery module to display ups/peripherals batter levels (for these that provide that information) ? i have a new logitech wireless mouse and its quite annoying to have to open its app every time when i want to check battery levels

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:19 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

seeker wrote:
Jorge, when it comes time to give some love to modules, would it be possible to add an option to battery module to display ups/peripherals batter levels (for these that provide that information) ? i have a new logitech wireless mouse and its quite annoying to have to open its app every time when i want to check battery levels

Would be kind of neat really Seeker, buuut.... I rather suspect it would have to be separate, individual modules, and of course Winstep can't access that info without first knowing to find it so would either have to be individually pointed at the peripheral's app or maintain a database of these (nightmare, I would think!). Just my 2p's worth. ;)

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:59 pm 

nexter wrote:
Would be kind of neat really Seeker, buuut.... I rather suspect it would have to be separate, individual modules, and of course Winstep can't access that info without first knowing to find it so would either have to be individually pointed at the peripheral's app or maintain a database of these (nightmare, I would think!). Just my 2p's worth. ;)

there is a third party app on github that somehow retrieves the info, its possible devices provide the info to windows now?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:11 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

seeker wrote:
nexter wrote:

there is a third party app on github that somehow retrieves the info, its possible devices provide the info to windows now?

Well, certainly doesn't seem to have any real use in Windows, other than more data for MS to harvest.... Doubt it. More likely, that app probes the registry and perhaps maintains a DB of relevant links, I would guess.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:20 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

My guess is that this type of info would have to be obtained on a per-device way and this would demand different code for each brand, model, etc. This would defeat the more generalist/system wide approach to modules.

Most UPSs communicate via USB and use the same HID protocol, which allows the Winstep application to get this information from Windows using the *same* API calls regardless of UPS brand/model, etc...

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:22 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

winstep wrote:
My guess is that this type of info would have to be obtained on a per-device way and this would demand different code for each brand, model, etc. This would defeat the more generalist/system wide approach to modules.

Most UPSs communicate via USB and use the same HID protocol, which allows the Winstep application to get this information from Windows using the *same* API calls regardless of UPS brand/model, etc...

So as I suspected, most/all other devices would require a separate module, except those that use the same protocol perhaps? Even then, sounds very messy and, frankly, pointless. Certainly far too much effort for little return, it seems to me.

Post subject: TASKLIST DOUBLECLICK ACTION
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:54 pm 

I'd like an option to set this to none. I accidentally double click tasklist applications and usually they pop up a notification window that an instance is already running and i have to close it. I'd like to never do that again.

Post subject: Re: TASKLIST DOUBLECLICK ACTION
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:13 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Aedan3264 wrote:
I'd like an option to set this to none. I accidentally double click tasklist applications and usually they pop up a notification window that an instance is already running and i have to close it. I'd like to never do that again.

Feature requests should be posted into the "Winstep Wish List" thread (sticky) above. I'll move it there when I find the time.

Post subject: Re: TASKLIST DOUBLECLICK ACTION
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:19 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Aedan3264 wrote:

It would have been useful to mention that this happens in the dock (so I assume you are using the free version of Nexus) when it is set to display running applications.

This is actually by design. Double clicking an icon in the dock - including one in the running applications section of the dock - will launch a second instance of that application EVEN IF the 'Do not launch multiple sessions of the same application' setting is enabled (you can also SHIFT left click for this).

If you are accidentally double clicking then perhaps you should try adjusting the double click delay in the Mouse settings applet of the Windows Control Panel?

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:09 am 

choochee wrote:
I just wanna add a small request that maybe was asked before: a whatsapp desktop icon that shows a badge when there are new chats, and a mail icon that does the same for new unread emails (I use thunderbird). :)

I too would very much like this please, is this under consideration at all?

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 858 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 58  Next