Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 646 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44
 Post subject: Re: Winstep Wish List
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 7:29 am 

I can only think of a few things that would be nice... I mean, so much is already in the app. The UWP support is amazing.

* Sound events for individual shortcuts. (Seems like all of the sound associations are global currently.)

* More animation/effect options. Not sure exactly what those would be. Maybe an option to attach custom effect graphics created by the user for mouseover/launch/attention/delete. (As an animated PNG maybe.)

* Portability. Would be nice to keep on my USB drive with all of my portable apps.

* The water ripple thing is interesting. Wondered why there weren't more things like that. Say like a distortion effect that follows a mouse hover or something.

* An option to show a shelf/dock as an item on the system the start bar or system tray. Sometimes they don't respond to screen edge bumps. I did associate one of the tabs of a shelf with a hot key, which works alright to bring the shelf up. Still do wonder if it would be nice to click an icon in the system tray to do so.

* An option to totally hide a shelf offscreen. This may already be possible and I just haven't seen the option. As it is, my shelves always take up a portion of the edge of the screen. Maximized programs cover them, but my desktop seems a bit cluttered when everything is closed.

* The built in modules are pretty awesome. Love them! There is just one more that I'd like - a slideshow. Maybe to place on the desktop or hover over on a dock.

Again, great program! Interest in this sort of Windows modification and tailoring seems low these days, with a lot of other programs discontinuing or never being maintenanced. Winstep is basically the only and best show in town!

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 646 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44