Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 34 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Updated translations needed! Help and get a FREE LICENSE
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:16 am 

winstep wrote:
lian00 wrote:
I may send the work I’ve done. Which file is needed?

Thanks! :) Assuming the free version of Nexus:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\WinStep\Languages\Nexus\French.ini

If you can, send it over to Winstep support and I'll re-send it to QTP.

Paying version. Sent.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:24 pm 

Hello!
What about Ukrainian? Do you need it? I could translate into Ukrainian.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:31 am 

Years old post.. so i'm not sure you are still interested in translations... but if you want I can do GR translation :)

(to be honest I have already started translating nexus dock for my wife that don't speak English)

Paulo Coelho, Warrior of the Light

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:24 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The post may be old, but the application is still in continuous development. :)

New features are added all the time and with them new settings to the User Interface. Most of the translations at this point are in dire need of an update to bring them up-to-date.

Of course, updating existing translations is not the same amount of work as doing them from the ground up, but the benefits of a free license key still apply to whomever takes on that task.

By GR I assume you mean German, right?

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:38 am 

Nope, GR = Greek

From what I know German = DE (Deutsch)

Paulo Coelho, Warrior of the Light

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:02 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Doh, sorry! Currently very busy getting v18.3 ready for release, must have had a brain fart. :wink:

Anyway, bring it on, that existing Greek translation REALLY needs to be brought up to date! :)

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:39 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

winstep wrote:
As you are probably already aware, Winstep applications offer multi-language support....

Sorry, this is really about translation into new languages. I haven't seen any references to Íslenska/Icelandic anywhere. Have there been any comments/queries regarding this? Surely there must be some Icelandic Winstep users out there, whether in Iceland or elsewhere?
If I can find a little time and the energy I might give Íslenska translations a go, though it would probably take me an awful long time given that the time I can spend at a computer (due to disability) is very limited these days.
Although my command of the language is mostly limited to reading and a bit of writing, I could always fall back on a little help from Icelandic friends if/when needed.

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:17 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

You can give it a go, but if you're not a native speaker you might be in for more than you can chew. :)

Some terms are very technical, others (as in all good translations) you have to preserve the meaning other than making a literal translation which is too long to fit in the available space.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:32 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

winstep wrote:
You can give it a go, but if you're not a native speaker you might be in for more than you can chew. :)

Well, I'm a very fluent reader (it's speaking where I have a bit of a prob on a/c of the pronunciation being radically different from both Old Norse and Old English and having a lot of inconsistencies) with a large vocabulary. But yes, I realise the chewing bit all too well... OTOH, help is always on hand.
winstep wrote:
Some terms are very technical, others (as in all good translations) you have to preserve the meaning other than making a literal translation which is too long to fit in the available space.

Yeees - technical terms present a peculiar prob as, rather than using loanwords or even modified ones, for most things Icelandic linguists and philologists tend to make up new compound words from old Icelandic terms, which sometimes can be quite long-winded also. And when it comes to meaning rather than literal translation, again this can offer particular challenges in Icelandic.
But, I simply adore the language so I probably won't be able to resist if and when time and energy permit. :)
All that said, it's probably not strictly necessary as most Icelanders tend to have a fairly good command of English.

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:25 pm 

Hi

I had contacted you on support email about Croatian translation update, i did for an older version, you asked me if i could do translation for 16.2 and i did everything but workself, and sent it to you for feedback before working on workshelf itself. Since my trial version is nearing its end, and i got used to all the upgrades from the free version and would hate to have to go back i registered here in case my mail address got marked as spam.

Really like your product and wish i could afford to support it financially too.
Thx for the great work

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:46 am 

winstep wrote:

Fitting in the available space is one thing, the other is that sometimes you really have to think twice when choosing which way to go when translating a certain word or phrase. Third thing is that you really need to grasp the idea of what does a certain button (whatever) does to properly translate it. I've came across many translations from EN language versions where I simply had to guess what certain thing means, because somebody just followed it by the book.

I could look into PL (Polish) version soon. There should be no problem with translating any technical terms whatsoever. Interested? :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:22 am 

Hi,
I have purchased Winstep Xtreme recently :) (actually a "gift purchase" from my friend, because I don't have PayPal).
But it seems I can only get a free upgrade for one year. :(

I can totally understand that you must spent a lot of time on developing it, so the paid upgrade is reasonable!!

The current Simplified Chinese translation is of poor quality. So I would like to help you in translating Winstep into Simplified Chinese, and you offer me a free-update in the future, deal? :wink: (I will keep the translation updated!)
Pls feel free to send me the localization files!

Thanks in advance. :mrgreen:

Last edited by new_zhe on Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:06 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

new_zhe wrote:
Pls feel free to send me the localization files!

Hi,

That would be terrific. (Not for me. I'm an English-only guy, sadly.) But anything to help get Winstep out there for others to use would be terrific.

There's a separate area of the forums just for Translations. Here's a link to the Welcome post in that forum:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2865

Read that post and then see if you can figure things out.

In the meantime, you'll have to wait for Jorge to pop his head back into the forums so he can answer you about a possible "reward" for doing the translation.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:27 am 

@DESERTDWARF
Thanks for the tips :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:52 pm 

I'm up for a Danish translation....

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 34 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next