Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Maximizing Productivity: Share Your Winstep Workspaces!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:18 am 

I've been a long-time user of Winstep Xtreme but I have just registered in the forum, and it's been a game-changer in how I navigate my desktop. The level of customization and efficiency it offers is unparalleled. That got me thinking, we all have our unique ways of using Winstep to enhance our workflow, so why not share and get inspired by each other?

Here's what I propose: Let's showcase our Winstep workspaces! Share screenshots of your desktop setups, explain your choice of themes, docks, and modules, and tell us how it boosts your productivity or creativity. Whether you're a minimalist or an all-out customizer, I'm sure we all could learn a thing or two from each other's configurations.

To kick things off, here's my current setup:
• Theme: I'm using the 'Deep Space' theme for that sleek, sci-fi look.

• Docks: I have a top dock for quick access to my most-used apps and a hidden side dock with all my work-related shortcuts.

• Modules: The weather widget is a must for me, and I love having the Winstep calendar at a glance.

what about you?

Post subject: Re: Maximizing Productivity: Share Your Winstep Workspaces!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:12 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

A similar post already exists in the 'Off Topic' forum, which is where I may yet move your post as it's really more appropriate there. Just a hint BTW - a picture is still worth a thousand words. ;)

The response to the post in 'Off Topic' has been pathetic, with only two users responding.

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:58 pm 

What the heck, I'm bored atm :P Will attach a pic of my desktop. Used the space wallpaper cause I like it. Have the main dock at the bottom with all my go to stuff on there that I use daily, no idea why I have the start icon on there, I never actually click it but I put it there just for the hell of it. Rest are a combination of apps, grid stacks and shortcuts for things like notifications etc.

Left side is another dock with windows related stuff on it, including shortcuts to cmd, run, powershell etc as well as windows updates and apps and what not.

Then on the right I have drawers for apps/files etc that I use frequently but not enough to put them on the bottom dock. Bottom right I have a 5th drawer as a shortcut to running apps for quicker access when the dock is hidden, just faster than waiting for it to pop up.

All but the main dock hide when I open other windows, I set the main dock to manual so I can use it if I need to while another window is open or hide it if I don't need it. This way I can literally clear my screen and watch movies or browse full screen without having to actually go into full screen mode.

It is in need of some tweaking though, some icons etc I don't really need on there right now and some are actually programs I am just testing (like the new arc browser for windows etc).

Clock and rest of the stuff is a combination of rain meter and a few separate gadgets (some of which are transparent till I mouse over them).

Attachments:
currentdesktop.jpg
currentdesktop.jpg [ 420.81 KiB | Viewed 985 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:29 am 

whmxtra wrote:
What the heck, I'm bored...

I was bored with my old desktop, so I thought I would make some changes. I was inspired by your space wallpaper desktop. I tried to do something similar to your setup a while back but it came out looking too cluttered. I think the space wallpaper and the Winstep theme that you chose make everything work together. Very nice.

When I came across this great space wallpaper I decided to try a new setup. It's very simple, just a shelf at the top with several tabs. I slightly modified the Office theme and used some icons I cobbled together with a basic square icon I created, and icons created by many other more talented people. I've always been a big fan of Grid Stacks, but I think I like the shelf better.

Attachments:
Desktop.jpg
Desktop.jpg [ 487.58 KiB | Viewed 738 times ]
Shelf.jpg
Shelf.jpg [ 506.72 KiB | Viewed 738 times ]

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]