Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: Gifting a subscription/renewal.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:36 pm 

I can't find anything anywhere about gifting a sub or renewal to someone. I have a friend, Wizard1956 on WC who needs a renewal. I wish to buy him one, can't seem to do it.

Help?

Profile YIM 

Post subject: Re: Gifting a subscription/renewal.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:53 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Jim, when you get to the Winstep Shopping Cart, there is a section saying 'Recipient Information' and a check box saying 'Purchase is for someone else'.

Select that check box and you get two fields asking you for the name of the gift recipient (the name the license key will be under) and his email address.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:20 pm 

Thanks Jorge!

Color me stupid, but it's a renewal, not a full purchase. It wants to charge me for a full buy.

Profile YIM 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:31 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

PuterDudeJim wrote:
Color me stupid, but it's a renewal, not a full purchase. It wants to charge me for a full buy.

You have to use the renewal URL.

I'll send you a PM.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:32 pm 

Also, is there a way to know what version I have. I thought I bought the 5 user version for myself. How do I know?

Profile YIM 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:19 pm 

I wanted to buy Nexus Ultimate for this laptop but do not have PayPal. I tried to use my card but the Bank protection Panel popped up and would not accept the information I typed in. Past experience told me that after three attempts there is a lockout and I have to phone them to unlock it. My wife has PayPal on her computer so decided to order the program with that. I indicated on the order page that I was the recipient and entered my details. I received the info and the key but upon installation it shows my wife as the licence holder.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:20 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

PuterDudeJim wrote:
Also, is there a way to know what version I have. I thought I bought the 5 user version for myself. How do I know?

You did, and that information would be in the email you got with your very first Winstep Xtreme registration.

The beauty of the Home Network license is that update subscription renewals for it are exactly the same price as single user license renewals, so it's a one time effort only; i.e.; what matters is your first purchase, after that you're flagged as having a 'Home Network' version.

silvsurf78 wrote:
My wife has PayPal on her computer so decided to order the program with that. I indicated on the order page that I was the recipient and entered my details. I received the info and the key but upon installation it shows my wife as the licence holder.

The ability to provide a 'gift recipient' name has only been added to the shopping cart very recently, that's why that happened to you back in January.

This has more to do with BMT Micro than Winstep, since they're the ones handling the shopping cart, but, in truth, the ability to specify a different 'Register to' name already exists for years.

The problem was that most people misunderstood what that field meant and would put things like 'my company', 'me' or even the name of the application itself (e.g.; 'winstep xtreme') in there. So BMT Micro decided to remove that field by default from the shopping cart.

Now that it is available in a 'Gift for someone else' format only, and therefore only appears when that option is selected, it made sense to re-enable the option again. But, as I said, this was only done very recently.

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 7 posts ]