Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : Off Topic  [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Make Your Old PC Game Play Correctly Again Using Newer OS
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:04 pm 

This post is for anyone that has a PC game that was designed for older OS that won't play and/or look the same on Windows 10 or other OS newer than XP.

If your game has lag, and/or distorted because the aspect ratio has changed due to the newer OS. this program is for you!

This link is to the program.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/dxwnd/

This link is to the tutorial and how to install it, and there are some posts that can help with such things as settings.
https://www.play-old-pc-games.com/compa ... ing-dxwnd/

The program runs the game in windowed mode. I recently installed it and I can attest that it's an excellent program like Winstep Xtreme is.

Post subject: Re: Make Your Old PC Game Play Correctly Again Using Newer O
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:20 am 

Wow! This program is even more awesome than I thought!! I previously uninstalled and deleted the installer for the game 'World of Tanks' because it wouldn't play on my PC for some reason. After clicking to start the game, the screen would blink, and just like that, the game would shut down.

'World of Tanks' is a downloaded game I got it as a promotion when I acquired my current PC (last December) and didn't install and remove it (within a couple of days) until a few months later, then totally forgot about it until today and decided to DL it again to see if it would work with DXWnd.

After installing it, I opened DXWnd and was worried when I saw that 'World of Tanks' isn't it in the DXWnd list. Fortunately, DXWnd has the ability to add additional games.

I was shocked at how easy it is do it, and that it works! I didn't even have to tweak any of the settings! DXWnd deserves 5 out of 5 stars.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:13 am 

Thank for this it really appreciated.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:21 pm 

Windy wrote:
Wow! This program is even more awesome than I thought!! I previously uninstalled and deleted the installer for the game 'World of Tanks' because it wouldn't play on my PC for some reason. After clicking to start the game, the screen would blink, and just like that, the game would shut down.

'World of Tanks' is a downloaded game I got it as a promotion when I acquired my current PC (last December) and didn't install and remove it (within a couple of days) until a few months later, then totally forgot about it until today and decided to DL it again to see if it would work with DXWnd.

After installing it, I opened DXWnd and was worried when I saw that 'World of Tanks' isn't it in the DXWnd list. Fortunately, DXWnd has the ability to add additional games.

I was shocked at how easy it is do it, and that it works! I didn't even have to tweak any of the settings! DXWnd deserves 5 out of 5 stars.

I also like that game:)

[Moderator's note: I removed a link inserted in the quoted text that led to a page that doesn't load. I also removed unnecessary underlining. -DDRic]

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : Off Topic  [ 4 posts ]