Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : Off Topic  [ 14 posts ]
 Post subject: Board Rules & Guidelines Etc. - Important!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:18 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Since November 2021 this board at last operates under a set of formal Board Rules & Guidelines and Hints & Tips HERE, albeit brief and simple and at the moment, provisional and subject to alteration/revision. Users therefore should keep an eye on new notifications in this thread for any such revisions and should re-read these Board Rules & Guidelines etc. accordingly from time to time.

It is important that everybody should read these carefully, especially new or recent members or those wishing to join this board.

I can hardly overemphasise the importance of absolutely everyone studying the Board Rules & Guidelines and Hints & Tips and observing them. Ignore them at your peril - there may be severe consequences!

This is for everyone's benefit and will make the Winstep board easier to peruse, read, search, and to find answers. It will also help staff to answer more queries and help more. And it will make the board a much nicer place for everyone. :)

Thank you.

:Edit: Please note that this post has been revised 2023/12/04. :/Edit:

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

Post subject: Re: Board Rules & Guidelines - Important!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:43 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

This topic is temporarily locked until we manage to get rid of an infantile abusive serial poster who has nothing better to do than waste his and our time with his childish games.

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

Post subject: Re: Board Rules & Guidelines - Important!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:08 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

This topic is now unlocked again. Discussion always welcome.

Post subject: Re: Board Rules & Guidelines Etc. - Important!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:44 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Please note that the initial post of this thread has been revised as of today.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:38 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Please note that the post at the top of this thread has been edited and revised today, 2023/03/31.

Thank you.

nexter
Global Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:36 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

The Board Rules & Guidelines and Hints & Tips HERE, referred to in this thread, have been edited and revised fairly extensively 2023/04/02.

This is intended to make everything clearer and easier to understand. All users should read/re-read the revised Rules and Guidelines thoroughly to avoid misunderstandings and mistakes.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:16 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

nexter wrote:
The Board Rules & Guidelines and Hints & Tips HERE, referred to in this thread, have been edited and revised fairly extensively 2023/04/02.

This is intended to make everything clearer and easier to understand. All users should read/re-read the revised Rules and Guidelines thoroughly to avoid misunderstandings and mistakes.

Thank you.

Minor revision and clarifications 2023/04/09

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:14 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

I really must emphasise again that users who have not posted on this board before absolutely should familiarise themselves with the Board Rules and Guidelines and indeed follow them! So please do yourself a favour and read, and follow them.

Thanks you.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:48 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

nexter wrote:
nexter wrote:
I really must emphasise again that users who have not posted on this board before absolutely should familiarise themselves with the Board Rules and Guidelines and indeed follow them! So please do yourself a favour and read, and follow them.

Thank you.

Failing to follow the Board Rules and Guidelines does tend to have consequences! Be aware of that, please.

Thank you.

Please not that some revisions of the Board Rules and Guidelines are being worked upon and will be published as soon as ready.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:44 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unfortunately, too many people still fail to read and abide by the Board Rules & Guidelines and Hints & Tips HERE, especially before joining the board and/or posting here. Therefore, it regrettably still remains necessary to remind users to study the Board Rules and Guidelines and follow them closely. Transgressions can have serious consequences. Abiding by the rules and guidelines is for everyone's benefit and makes the board run smoothly and makes life easier for everyone.

Please note that some small revisions to the rules etc. have now been completed and the revised Rules and Guidelines will be posted during the next few hours.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:41 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Since November 2021 this board at last operates under a formal set of Board Rules & Guidelines and Hints & Tips HERE, albeit brief and simple and at the moment, provisional and subject to alteration/revision.

It is important that everybody should read these carefully, especially new or recent members or those wishing to join this board.

I really cannot overemphasise the importance of absolutely everyone studying the Board Rules & Guidelines and Hints & Tips and observing them. Ignore them at your peril!

Users should keep an eye on new notifications here for any revisions and should re-read these Board Rules & Guidelines etc. accordingly from time to time.

This is for everyone's benefit, so that the Winstep board will be easier to peruse, read, search and to find answers. It will also help staff to answer more queries and help more. And it will make the board a much nicer place for everyone. :)

Thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:50 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Please note that the original post of this topic has been revised 2023/12/04.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:07 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Please, in your own best interest do make the effort to read the original post at the top of this thread concerning the importance of reading, understanding, and following the Board Rules & Guidelines. Non-compliance can have serious consequences, including being banned.

Thank you

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:23 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

A reminder for all users but especially those new users who cannot be arsed to scroll down more than a few topics:

Since November 2021 this board at last operates under a set of formal Board Rules & Guidelines and Hints & Tips HERE, albeit brief and simple and at the moment, provisional and subject to alteration/revision. Users therefore should keep an eye on new notifications in this thread for any such revisions and should re-read these Board Rules & Guidelines etc. accordingly from time to time.

I can hardly overemphasise the importance of absolutely everyone studying the Board Rules & Guidelines and Hints & Tips and observing them. Ignore them at your peril - there may be severe consequences!

This is for everyone's benefit and will make the Winstep board easier to peruse, read, search, and to find answers. It will also help staff to answer more queries and help more. And it will make the board a much nicer place for everyone. :)

Thank you.

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : Off Topic  [ 14 posts ]