Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : Off Topic  [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Win10 Latest Cumulative Update
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 11:56 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

There it was, sneaking up on me, again. Again, booting up and re-starting now are slower than before. If their aim is to make Win 10 systems ever slower, MS seem to be doing a brilliant job of it!

Anyone else notice? Or is this some peculiarity with my system? Hell, Win7 Ultimate 64 and XP boot up faster on 12-year old sys here.

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

Post subject: Re: Win10 Latest Cumulative Update
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 1:01 pm 

Maybe they are still working on it, but I have noticed that one too. The latest upgrade is affecting the system.

Post subject: Re: Win10 Latest Cumulative Update
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 1:22 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

joyjoy8 wrote:
Maybe they are still working on it, but I have noticed that one too. The latest upgrade is affecting the system.

Certainly seems to affect a lot of people's systems, but many don't even realise it.

Heck, my old AMD K8 X2s dual core are now way faster than the i7 quad I'm on, all with the same speed rating more or less. Don't even ask how long (normal, not update) restarts take! Could almost go away and make tea in the meantime and probably drink it too. :/

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : Off Topic  [ 3 posts ]