Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : Off Topic  [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Coronavirus Message That Should Brighten Your Day
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:03 am 

Post subject: Re: Coronavirus Message That Should Brighten Your Day
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:07 pm 

Pretty well done, I guess a lot of work went into creating this video!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:37 pm 

In my opinion, this is a very positive video and a great approach to the perception of quarantine restrictions. I believe that in any situation you need to look for positive moments and try to look at things through the prism of "what good will I personally get from this?" Sometimes it is extremely difficult to do this, but if it works, then it is a very productive approach.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:04 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

please guys, don't revive old topics - this is over a year old for goodness sake. Even six months is too old - better to start a new thread, yeah? :)

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:48 pm 

I don't think there's anything wrong with replying to an old thread. However, it really depends on the reply.

I believe the last poster's reply is dated, but everyone is entitled to their opinion. My opinion is that being in lockdown nowadays isn't a viable solution. At the time, I looked at it as a VERY temporary thing. The reason I posted the video wasn't to promote being confined to one's home.

It was because I'm a fan of the Bee Gees disco songs, the guys in the video did an excellent job of sounding like the Bee Gees, the lyrics were very clever, and we needed something to lighten the mood of the world as it was a very trying time for everyone.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:20 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Well Windy, almost all boards I've ever been on specify in their forum rules - rightly IMO - that users should not post to old threads where the last reply is six months old or more.

I don't think it would be wise for us to get into a discussion of anything relating to the current pandemic, as everyone will have a different opinion and I've seen discussions of it deteriorating quickly into flame wars elsewhere. So, no comment here.

We certainly can agree on the Bee Gees. I especially also like their early and earliest (Oz recordings) stuff. And the disco stuff - great, and so influential too. :)

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : Off Topic  [ 6 posts ]