Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : Off Topic  [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: Apple Users, Beware! Serious Flaw in App Store Reviews
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:34 am 

I find that many Apple users are under the false impression that Apple is some sort of ultra-safe product that is invulnerable to being hacked.

Well, I'm here to tell you that ain't the case. Many here should be aware of the celebrity cell phone hack for example.

So, for all those that think that you can rely on Apple to keep the integrity of app reviews intact, here's a rude awakening.

https://www.komando.com/technology/app- ... 2021-05-30

Post subject: Re: Apple Users, Beware! Serious Flaw in App Store Reviews
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:13 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Windy wrote:
I find that many Apple users are under the false impression that Apple is some sort of ultra-safe product that is invulnerable to being hacked.

Well, I'm here to tell you that ain't the case. Many here should be aware of the celebrity cell phone hack for example.

So, for all those that think that you can rely on Apple to keep the integrity of app reviews intact, here's a rude awakening.

https://www.komando.com/technology/app- ... 2021-05-30

No doubt a very useful bit of info and link. macOS and iOS are far from safe in general - no safer than Windows in fact - and Apple collect at least as much of your personal data as Windows. Apple users - you have been warned.

Anyone who desires a truly secure as well as privacy-respecting environment is best advised to switch to Linux and Android, in the latter case wiping all their apps and re-installing the OS, and then download only secure apps from their own websites - which will be free at least of all the Google data harvesting that's added in GooglePlay - and use secure, end-to-end encrypted email, messaging, etc.

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : Off Topic  [ 2 posts ]