Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : Off Topic  [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: iMac/macOS
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:55 pm 

1Al wrote:
nexter wrote:
Well, this isn't the "Dark Side" aka macOS after all. :) The way the dock, grid stacks and other components work is just dandy as it is. (Well, I could possibly grumble that the dock does far too many things for my liking.... :) ) If you want macOS functionality, best stick to macOS (and its extreme data harvesting). We can't have it all, after all. (And as far as I'm aware, mac dock and stacks only use links, too, actually, certainly the original NeXT dock - which mac is, essentially - worked exactly that way.)

I've a pc but a iMac too. So when I'm on pc I do miss many useful features of macOS, which make the user experience very pleasant, satisfactory and most productive. In terms of data harvesting and chaotic unconfortable usage, I think Win10 is the overall winner :) indeed I never installed that OS on my pc. Anyway, for instance, just Win 10 copied some old, but always very useful features of macOS, such as task view-Mission Control and virtual desktops. I hope in the future will be finally avaiable for Windows, a dock really macOS-like, where basically you can reach (and also open files or just see its previews/info) any directory from a single place, without opening uselessly windows and programs.

Hehe, Thanks for sharing this with us. Even I have iMac, I really love some of its features like the most basic feature which is Finder, can access all the files from there. Recently, I checked a video on YouTube where some random guy was using MacOS on a Windows Laptop, Can you tell me if that's possible? How would it be if I do the same? Also, I have 16GB RAM on my Laptop, it would be great I guess.

:Moderator's note - this post is purely concerned with Mac/macOS and no longer has any connection to Winstep, hence it has been moved into "Off Topic". - nexter:

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : Off Topic  [ 1 post ]