Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : Off Topic  [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: Impending deletion of "Apropos Abandonware...." Threads-DONE
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:37 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Please not that the above threads in this 'Off Topic' forum will be deleted in the next few days.

These threads have no content of any substance left in them, yet they attract a completely disproportionate number of views. Moreover, there seems to be a direct correlation between spikes in these viewing figures and subsequent increases in spam posted to these forums as well as new users with spam in their profiles and/or signatures, and new users who only spend a very few minutes logged in and sometimes post spam subsequently.

As such, the posts in question only add noise to these forums and no signal, and so all things considered it seems to be a good idea to improve the signal to noise ratio by removing them.

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

Post subject: Re: Impending deletion of "Apropos Abandonware...." Threads
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:22 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

In the interest of improving the signal to noise ratio on this board - done! Deleted. Let's hope this also helps reduce the amount of spam, inc. spammers who only register as new users with their spam in their profiles and/or signatures. Every little helps. ;)

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : Off Topic  [ 2 posts ]