Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : Off Topic  [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Does Windows 11 update automatically?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:53 am 

Tips To Test the Fabric Content for Sewing

You have to buy the fabric before sewing anything. Then, you need to check the quality of the fabric before buying them. This post will provide you with some tips to differentiate some fabrics. It will be easier for you if you use a basic sewing machine. Read Which Is The Best Sewing Machine For Beginners Image to learn more.

1. Burn the Fabric

You should ask the seller for a small piece of fabric and burn to check it

It sounds weird but it will tell the exact difference in the fabric. You can use this way to check whether the shopkeeper said true or not. You should ask them for a small piece of fabric and burn it. The content of the garment will burn completely if it is a natural fiber. The garment will burn like plastic slowly melting if it is polyester.

Also, the polyester will burn with the black smoke. But, the natural fiber will burn right away. The polyester will come with a plastic smell while the natural fiber has no foul smell. This is a way of testing the fabric and defining the difference between fabrics. You should ask the shopkeeper before doing this unless you will get into trouble.

2. Hand Test

You should test the fabric to avoid the laundry accident in your work

You have to pay more attention and focus on this test. You can test with your hand if you want to distinguish between the cotton and the linen. We all know linen is a crisp fabric by its appearance. If you don't have much knowledge about the fabric and are still confused about the garment. Then, you should try this test.

You need to scrunch the fabric if you see the instant wrinkles and spring on the garment. Then, it is linen. You can do the same way if you don't see wrinkly and spring in it. Then, it must be cotton. Cotton doesn’t squeak so you won’t see wrinkles on it.

You can check the difference after preparing it at the time of pre-washing. Your fabric shouldn't leave any color in the basket when you use this technique. If there is any color leaving, it will create problems when you represent your project to the clients. You can also determine the fabric when sewing it by the best sewing machine for beginners Image with many different options.

3. Wool Testing

You got some unmarked fabric and you have no idea which content you should choose for the next project. Or, if this kind of fabric is suitable for you or not. You should test the fabric to avoid a laundry accident in your work.

Many people have no idea about how to check wool. In this case, you should take a small patch of the fabric into a glass. Then, put it in a bowl filled with water. After that, you light the matchstick and hold the fabric over the bowl. Make sure you keep the matchstick close to the fabric. If it catches the fire and smells like you burn someone’s hair. Then, it is wool.

Let's check it with the wool fabric you are using. Then, start your project with your wool and your machine. You can read Best Basic Sewing Machine For Beginners Reviews Image to learn more about different beginner sewing machine brands before choosing a suitable one.

Last edited by RoyStevenson on Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Does Windows 11 update automatically?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:38 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

RoyStevenson wrote:
I am using Window 10 operating system, but I see there is new information about Windows 11 operating system will automatically update on Windows computers? Will it automatically update or do I have to reinstall the whole system? Do you know? Please share some information with me!!

Presumably, you'll have to pay for it first, then you can have it update automatically (never a good plan with Windows, IMO) or update manually or do a fresh install of Win 11 (the last would be - and always has been - my own favoured method but I will never upgrade to Win 11 and, with a bit of luck, let Windows become extinct here eventually. (I have been running Linux as my main OS for some years now.)

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:03 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

RoyStevenson wrote:
I am using Window 10 operating system, but I see there is new information about Windows 11 operating system will automatically update on Windows computers? Will it automatically update or do I have to reinstall the whole system? Do you know? Please share some information with me!!

The Verge (and a whole bunch of other sites) has a nice write-up on how you can do the upgrade, including using Microsoft's update checker which checks to see if your computer can support Windows 11.

nexter wrote:
Presumably, you'll have to pay for it first

It's a free update from Windows 10, nexter.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:55 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

DesertDwarf wrote:
RoyStevenson wrote:

The Verge (and a whole bunch of other sites) has a nice write-up on how you can do the upgrade, including using Microsoft's update checker which checks to see if your computer can support Windows 11.

nexter wrote:
Presumably, you'll have to pay for it first

It's a free update from Windows 10, nexter.

Ah well, I'm still not having it, even if they paid me. :P

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : Off Topic  [ 4 posts ]