Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : Off Topic  [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Suggest Me Some RainMeter Skins For Nexus docks!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:36 am 

Hello friends, I want to integrate RainMeter skins with Nexus Dock. Can anyone help me choose the best one for it? Please suggest some suitable RainMeter skins also. Any kind of suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Suggest Me Some RainMeter Skins For Nexus docks!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:39 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

RheaKoeppPhD wrote:
Hello friends, I want to integrate RainMeter skins with Nexus Dock. Can anyone help me choose the best one for it? Please suggest some suitable RainMeter skins also. Any kind of suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Rainmeter and Winstep apps are two entirely different beasts that define and use skins or themes, respectively, in completely different ways. Rainmeter skins define functionality, as well as appearance but using vector graphics, whereas Winstep themes provide bitmaps (raster GFX) and associated configuration files - two entirely incompatible concepts. It is therefore obvious that Rainmeter skins cannot be used with any Winstep application (and vice versa).

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:53 am 

Hi RheaKoeppPhD, it is correct that you can't use Rainmeter skins with Winstep, but if you want to try some RainMeter skins on your system, then you can check out this article which I found online. And the 'Tech-A' skin looks simply awesome, I personally use it. You can try other skins too from the list.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:07 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

The last post really takes things out of the Winstep realm - any further comments regarding Rainmeter will result in the whole topic being moved to the 'Off Topic' forum. In fact, I'm even considering moving it now.

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:30 pm 

As someone who uses both rainmeter and Winstep Xtreme and Ultimate before that, It's hard enough finding complimentary skins (Customisations) without trying to find a perfect overlap.

Often you end up with NakedNoir or other neutral theme from Nexus to allow for a non-jarring teaming up with anything from the Rainmeter family. As Nexter rightly points out Rainmeter is a "different beast" altogether.

If you want to look anywhere for sympathetic options that cross application borders it's addons (specifically dock skins) for apps like Rocketdock or Objectdock as covered in the Winstep Themes part of the website that will allow you to look beyond what already comes bundled with the program.

Hope this helps.

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : Off Topic  [ 5 posts ]