Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : Off Topic  [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Laptop Battery Woes - Again
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:54 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

In a previous post (last October) I wrote about having had three replacement laptop batteries, all turning out useless. Lo and behold, the third one's vendor eventually got back to me and offered a replacement, which I gladly accepted, having already written off the money by that time.

I've been running that battery for three months now, with no problems and performing very similarly to the Lenovo ones. No complaints, especially not at just shy of £50 as opposed to £160 for the Lenovo one! :D

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

Post subject: Re: Laptop Battery Woes - Again
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:58 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

So, a defective batch of batteries?

Anyway, kudos to the third vendor for stepping up. :)

Profile WWW 

Post subject: Re: Laptop Battery Woes - Again
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:28 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

winstep wrote:
So, a defective batch of batteries?

Anyway, kudos to the third vendor for stepping up. :)

Yes, 3 different ones from 3 different vendors. The first two were supposed to be the same spec as the Lenovo ones and were in the £30+ range, but were far from that in reality and packed up after 1 and two charge cycles respectively. In both cases got a prompt refund though and was told to bin the battery. (You can't really return them as can't send them through the post anyway.) The last vendor proved impossible to contact, except I was able to leave a stinker of a review. This the vendor eventually picked up on and, apologising profusely offered the replacement. Indeed, kudos to them. Very happy.

I have to say I prefer dealing with Far Eastern businesses to anywhere else by far. They usually have impeccable good manners and know how to do business and treat a customer and keep him. Not to mention highly competitive prices, even where you have to add in P&P and/or VAT this end. :) (And for the most part, delivery is usually very swift IME.)

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : Off Topic  [ 3 posts ]