Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : Off Topic  [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Windblows 10 20H2 + Latest Update - WTF Again
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:11 pm 

https://www.reddit.com/r/TronScript/ here is a nice script to debloat windows. I have not tried it. Some of the stuff I wanted access to. I have been on linux and just came back to windows in a dual boot.

Post subject: Re: Windblows 10 20H2 + Latest Update - WTF!?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:12 pm 

I really love manjaro/ windows 10 dual boot.

Post subject: Re: Windblows 10 20H2 + Latest Update - WTF!?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:42 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Tickles wrote:
I really love manjaro/ windows 10 dual boot.

Had to split the above two posts off as the previous last post was more than 6 months old already, and one should never post to an old thread. But no matter. :)

I've tried Manjaro in the past, the only really workable Arch based distro. However, it just didn't suit me, especially also the desktop environment. I love the simplicity of Ubuntu - my principal OS - as well as the philosophy behind it, although I also run Fedora and Debian. Horses for causes, or one man's poison.... ;)

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

Post subject: Re: Windblows 10 20H2 + Latest Update - WTF Again
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:44 am 

Well I run manjaro with gnome, so very simple and much like ubuntu. I also love manjaro software repos, flatpacks, snaps and arch AUR easy to install if you do not want to use terminal. Although I wind up using the terminal more than anything. The only downside I have for manjaro is it's a rolling release. Sometimes the updates can mess weird things up. For the most part though manjaro or garuda are my favorite distros. Not sure why I love arch based distros.

Post subject: Re: Windblows 10 20H2 + Latest Update - WTF Again
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:23 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Tickles wrote:
Well I run manjaro with gnome, so very simple and much like ubuntu. I also love manjaro software repos, flatpacks, snaps and arch AUR easy to install if you do not want to use terminal. Although I wind up using the terminal more than anything. The only downside I have for manjaro is it's a rolling release. Sometimes the updates can mess weird things up. For the most part though manjaro or garuda are my favorite distros. Not sure why I love arch based distros.

Yeah, that's another thing I can't stand - rolling releases. LTS for me every time - the longer the better. :) At least the Ubuntu ones are supported for 5 years, but a new LTS release every two years is a bad plan IMO. Should be done through regular updates instead, and a new full LTS release after 5 years.

The core troubles with Linux as a whole are that there simply are far too many different distros and flavours (Linus Torvalds had something to say about that a couple of years ago) - I'd like things far better if there were no more than 4 or 5 different distros, and all co-ordinating with one another - and then, the lack of a single, unitary 'identity' in disparate window managers/DTEs etc. (Mark Shuttleworth ad something to say on that also a couple of years ago). A single, advanced DTE for all would advance the cause of Linux no end. None of the current ones really qualify as far as I am concerned. Linux needs a solid 'brand image' to make a real big impact in the ordinary user market, whether that be desktop/laptop, tablet, or smartphone.

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : Off Topic  [ 5 posts ]