Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : Off Topic  [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Spam Attack!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:30 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

I'm afraid we've experienced the worst attack of spam this board has ever seen. It started just before 8am BST and continued till about 1pm BST.

The Off Topic forum has been flooded with about 300 spam posts, and despite my best efforts some 250 remain. It's going to take some time to get rid of such a lot of posts and regrettably I may not be able to complete the task in one day. Especially as I am also fighting with my ISP to get my VPN going. (I found a way around the problem, but it's messy and doesn't always work for long.)

Normal service will resume ASAP. :) In the meantime, it would help if nobody posts here until the mess is cleared up. Thank you.

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

Post subject: Re: Spam Attack!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:37 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Progress deleting the spam posts is slow if steady, with about 1 1/2 forum pages left alas. It's not helped by my ongoing connectivity problems. Even my damn phone (whole country is being switched over to IP! - Idiots!) goes dead from time to time.

Regrettably, it'll still be another day or two if not more to get rid of the spam shite. Spammers should be shot, along with phishing and other scammers and crooks. :evil:

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

Post subject: Re: Spam Attack!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:27 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

It's finally all been cleared! I've done it, but I don't think I'd do it all on my own again, especially not with having to struggle with connectivity problems. :(

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : Off Topic  [ 3 posts ]