Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : Off Topic  [ 35 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Share screenshot of your Winstep
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:06 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Nezbit wrote:
Nexter wrote:
Err.... and who did Dylan quote/plagiarise there? :P (One has to wonder given his history. Shows what a sick joke some Nobel prizes are.)

I've been a fan of Bob Dylan for almost 50 years, both as a liberal and the last 46 years as a conservative. I've never heard him accused of plagiarism.

I'm sure the Nobel Committee and most people would be surprised if they were aware of Bob Dylan's conservative views.

In 1964 he wrote the song ".....

Yes Nobel Prizes can be a sick joke. I'm sure they would take Bob Dylan's back if they new the truth.

They are a sick joke, most if not all of them, but certainly the Lit. and Peace prizes really stand out. One could almost be surprised that Hitler didn't win a peace prize! ;) But then, most prizes in the arts and humanities are a sick joke. Just look at the Turner for the last 30, 40 years, or the Booker for about the same time. :(

As for Dylan, yeah, he often defended the indefensible and had some really queer and extreme right views. Doubt it would make the Nobel Committee revoke his prize though - would leave them with too much egg on their faces.

Dylan's plagiarist proclivities are well known and fairly well documented. He 'borrowed' heavily, among other 'genres', from gospel, blues, country, (authored) folk, and more. Sometimes he 'tweaked' or even changed the lyrics, sometimes the tunes, sometimes both. I remember back in the day recognizing a couple of thinly disguised gospel songs myself even.
Nezbit wrote:
I'll get off my soapbox now.

I still don't see any other screenshots but I do appreciate Williamsson's family pictures. :wink:

Soapboxes can be a good thing. :)

Yeah, those 'family snaps' of Williamsson's - such fun! :D

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:06 pm 

Nezbit wrote:
I still don't see any other screenshots but I do appreciate Williamsson's family pictures. :wink:

My family Thanks you!

Image I am a fan of WinstepImage

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:48 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Williamsson wrote:
Nezbit wrote:

My family Thanks you!

LOLLOL! These guys would not have made for any kind of successful raiders! ;)

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:06 pm 

nexter wrote:

Yeah, like I said my group of raiders will only be a threat to your local chippy!

Image I am a fan of WinstepImage

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 5:38 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Williamsson wrote:
nexter wrote:

Yeah, like I said my group of raiders will only be a threat to your local chippy!

LOL! Nah, *he's* really scary! ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : Off Topic  [ 35 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3