Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : Off Topic  [ 35 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Share screenshot of your Winstep
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:52 pm 

@nexter I am not worried about being identified by google so much, I just do not want personal adds in my OS or in my browser. I have achieved that much these days at the cost of ditching MicroSlop Store, Bing , co-pilot), no social media accounts ect. My windows also has been striped down to the bone. 53 processes down from 118 stock. Ran behind Portmaster Notifier, Ublock Orgin and Proton VPN with either Mullvad or Librewolf browser. The days of anonymity are gone here anyway. Need prescription medication your in a data base. These data bases have been hacked and the company’s controlling them have been caught selling your data to advertising company's. Yet after getting caught doing so still remain in businesses only paying a few million dollar fines out of there multi billion dollars of profit yearly. The grocery stores here (Walmart, Kroger and Safeway.) all have facial recitation cameras in the store and at check out. They store you image and payment info. Use cash to pay? Ok however if you get prescription medication at their pharmacy your identified. Big box stores like Best Buy do the same… ect… The Department of motor vehicles (drivers license) also got caught selling there data base to Clear View AI. I drive and I need medication I can not be truly anonymous anyway. But more than that all I got to hide is some downloaded BBC shows LOL I am not a high profile target for them. I have only one weakness in my view, that is YouTube but thank god most of the content creators (that I watch) are also on PeerTube and I am no longer logging into youtube.

Image I am a fan of WinstepImage

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:29 am 

Speaking of Google. Do you remember this from the early days? :wink:

Attachments:
Google Retro.jpg
Google Retro.jpg [ 869.94 KiB | Viewed 18629 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:08 am 

Nezbit wrote:

LOL, But let us face it, every now and then google gets it right,
Just don't let my wife see this! :lol:

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:40 pm 

If you disappear from the forums for a while we'll assume that she saw it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:38 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Williamsson wrote:
@nexter I am not worried about being identified by google so much, I just do not want personal adds in my OS or in my browser. I have achieved that much these days at the cost of ditching MicroSlop Store, Bing , co-pilot), no social media accounts ect. My windows also has been striped down to the bone. 53 processes down from 118 stock. Ran behind Portmaster Notifier, Ublock Orgin and Proton VPN with either Mullvad or Librewolf browser. The days of anonymity are gone here anyway. Need prescription medication your in a data base. These data bases have been hacked and the company’s controlling them have been caught selling your data to advertising company's. Yet after getting caught doing so still remain in businesses only paying a few million dollar fines out of there multi billion dollars of profit yearly. The grocery stores here (Walmart, Kroger and Safeway.) all have facial recitation cameras in the store and at check out. They store you image and payment info. Use cash to pay? Ok however if you get prescription medication at their pharmacy your identified. Big box stores like Best Buy do the same… ect… The Department of motor vehicles (drivers license) also got caught selling there data base to Clear View AI. I drive and I need medication I can not be truly anonymous anyway. But more than that all I got to hide is some downloaded BBC shows LOL I am not a high profile target for them. I have only one weakness in my view, that is YouTube but thank god most of the content creators (that I watch) are also on PeerTube and I am no longer logging into youtube.

Well, it's not just Google - or whatever other Big Tech - that gets your data. They are sold on freely, which is how they rake in their billions, the biggest customers being governments and their various nefarious organisations. Outrageous though about pharmacies and 'big box stores' in the US.

Thank goodness things are a little more tightly regulated in the UK and EU, albeit not very much. We don't have to pay for prescriptions but even so, NHS data bases have been hacked before, and we never use credit or debit cards anywhere. Even all our bills we pay strictly in cash only. And neither of us drives - I haven't been able to anyway since I became disabled a good long time ago, due to the peculiar nature of my disability. Facial recognition is still illegal here and even police and security services can only use it in very exceptional circumstances.

But in any case, it's not necessarily about having anything to hide, it's about privacy and the right to what is yours, i.e., your data. It's the principle. If we don't fight tooth and nail for our privacy and freedom we'll lose them completely sooner rather than later. End result - totalitarianism, dictatorship.

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:29 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Williamsson wrote:
Nezbit wrote:

LOL, But let us face it, every now and then google gets it right,
Just don't let my wife see this! :lol:

LOLOL! Yeah, men should be men and women, women - fairly strictly divided roles and tasks. Alas, western men anyway seem to be mostly wimps nowadays and most women, hyenas fighting for superiority not equality (and alas, getting it!).

Myself, I'm an old-fashioned patriarch and card-carrying 'MCP' and chose my wife wisely - she loathes modern feminists and feminism. :) So I never set foot in the kitchen, never changed a nappy (except in emergency) and all that sort of nonsense. Perfect division of labour and of roles, how it should be. :) Of course, by members of the 'cancel culture' feminist fascist persuasion I've been called a 'misogynist' but these ignorant bitches don't really have the foggiest idea what the true definition of a misogynist is!

Men, make a stand for *your* bloody rights! :P

Women, know your place! :P :twisted:

@Nezbit - I doubt that @Williamsson would be afraid of his wife. ;)

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:26 pm 

Nexter, I'm sure Williamsson took my comment in the spirit of fun that he made his comment "Just don't let my wife see this! :lol:" in.

You made the observation that this post has a lot of views (2613) and very few responses. I don't believe that the OP Mark_Wahlberg ever commented or shared his desktop. I had hoped that others would have shared their ideas on how to use Winstep Xtreme. It is a really great program and I'm sure there are a great number of possible layouts that I could never imagine. We all could benefit from more ideas.

So to all the viewers out there, if you have something original, or just something you are proud of, show it to us. As Nexter warned, don't include anything that could make you identifiable. To quote Bob Dylan, "People are crazy and times are strange".

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:07 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Nezbit wrote:
Nexter, I'm sure Williamsson took my comment in the spirit of fun that he made his comment "Just don't let my wife see this! :lol:" in.

So am I - and my comment there likewise was in a spirit of fun. :)
Nezbit wrote:
You made the observation that this post has a lot of views (2613) and very few responses. I don't believe that the OP Mark_Wahlberg ever commented or shared his desktop. I had hoped that others would have shared their ideas on how to use Winstep Xtreme. It is a really great program and I'm sure there are a great number of possible layouts that I could never imagine. We all could benefit from more ideas.

I suspect that the OP may well be a possible dormant spammer/spam bot. It's certainly very odd he didn't post a screenshot himself.

As for the low response rate, I'm not really surprised in the slightest, it's rather typical of the general apathy of the majority of users here, alas. People just can't be arsed, same as with polls.
Nezbit wrote:
So to all the viewers out there, if you have something original, or just something you are proud of, show it to us. As Nexter warned, don't include anything that could make you identifiable. To quote Bob Dylan, "People are crazy and times are strange".

Err.... and who did Dylan quote/plagiarise there? :P (One has to wonder given his history. Shows what a sick joke some Nobel prizes are.)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:11 am 

@nexter I like to cook for the wife, mostly on the BBQ or when she has been working late or sick. I also help with the cleaning, but I have been banned from doing laundry. LOL
You know she gets really pissed when I wash my construction clothing with her dresses; go figure. She has also filled in for me when it comes to yard work, ect. If I have been busy with work or sick, she has even chainsawed a tree or two in her time. Then again, my lineage comes from Norway, where we Vikings had wemonen (Shield Maidens) along with us in battle long before others. I also respect her right to decide, along with other people's choices. My grandma was a firm believer; her place was in the house, raising the kids, cooking, cleaning, and doing the laundry. She was a very happy person to do so, and my grandpa was very happy to come home to a meal waiting on him. They were married up to the end. Without choice, what is freedom? Oh, and yeah, maybe not a fear of my wife, but a healthy respect, let's say. She has been to the shooting range with me and knows how to handle the AR-15.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:34 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Williamsson wrote:
@nexter I like to cook for the wife, mostly on the BBQ or when she has been working late or sick. I also help with the cleaning, but I have been banned from doing laundry. LOL
You know she gets really pissed when I wash my construction clothing with her dresses; go figure. She has also filled in for me when it comes to yard work, ect. If I have been busy with work or sick, she has even chainsawed a tree or two in her time. Then again, my lineage comes from Norway, where we Vikings had wemonen (Shield Maidens) along with us in battle long before others. I also respect her right to decide, along with other people's choices. My grandma was a firm believer; her place was in the house, raising the kids, cooking, cleaning, and doing the laundry. She was a very happy person to do so, and my grandpa was very happy to come home to a meal waiting on him. They were married up to the end. Without choice, what is freedom? Oh, and yeah, maybe not a fear of my wife, but a healthy respect, let's say. She has been to the shooting range with me and knows how to handle the AR-15.

@Williamsson - Figured your lineage had to be Norwegian - or just possibly Icelandic, but have never come across any William or Williamsson there before - with the double 'ss' being something of a giveaway if one is familiar with Norse patronymic names, whereas in Dansk or Svenska it's usually transformed into -sen or more rarely just -son. And of course I'm very well familiar with the wemonen among the Old Northmen. :) However, although women could also wield a lot of influence outside of the home through their husbands, Northmen society was still essentially patriarchal.

Nothing wrong with your kind of arrangement, just as there's nothing wrong with mine. I'm just opposed to anything to do with modern so-called feminism which is one of the forms of identity politics that's destroying family and society.

A bit of choice is a fine thing indeed. But on the other hand, too much choice is not. It's what's given us the disaster that is the consumerist society.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:49 am 

LOL wemonen Ok, Proofread who has time for it? LOL And yes, William "sson" = son of William. My father's side ended up in Germany and migrated to the USA after World War 1. And no, I never raided England... Yet! Alas, Nora Batty is no more! LOL I do like fish and chips, but you can keep the mushy peas and the beans and toast! Oh! And cottage pies might not be safe from me if I do raid England... I almost went to Tamworth once about 15 years ago, got invited by a friend who had moved to the USA as a kid, and went back years later. He used to cringe when I would tell him if I come out, I wanted to go see Cleg and the gang, LOL He was not a fan of summer wine... And yes, there's nothing wrong with either of our lifestyles. We made it this long married, and these kids don't even average 10 years now. I think in the USA, the average marriage now is 8 years. And don't get me started on kids! Free-range kids, my ass, or, if you prefer, arse. There's nothing like going out to dinner and seeing some fat ass 20-year-old mom letting her kid run around the restaurant yelling and carrying on like a buffoon. Say something to the kid, and now you are the bad one. WTF! Shit, I think my blood pressure just went up. I better stop! Oh, and banger's they would not be safe either... Can you tell I am hungry right now?

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:59 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Ah yes, Nora Batty - a fine old battle axe she was! Would have made a pretty fearsome shield maiden when she was young, I'm sure. ;)
If you ever do come 'raiding' (to the North and East of England), the Northman in you might feel almost at home - a lot of Norse, Icelandic, and Danish genes in the genepool, and a heck of a lot of words in the language that are descended from Old Norse, some obvious, some less so.

Fish 'n' chips is almost a national dish and certainly a must! Up north, it means haddock - which I favour myself, although not a born northerner - in the south, cod. As they say in the north, only southern pufftas eat cod. ;) (pufftas = wimps) And nice chunky chips made from fresh potatoes. Mushy peas are great! Bangers and mash is great, and you might also want to try 'Toad in the Hole' - same thing but with the banger stuck through a Yorkshire pudding. Either way, mushy peas are a must with those two in this home, along with (red) onion gravy. Love beans on toast. Cottage pie, or up north,, mostly shepherd's pie - same thing but minced lamb insted of beef. Getting hungry myself, too! :D

Yeah, sounds like we both made it a long way in marriage. Four decades almost, here. If I'd killed her I would have been out in 10! ;) Over here, quite a lot of marriages even end within the first year and even the first 6 months! :( And then they want to spend thousands on the bloody wedding and get married in church or shul or whatever even though they never otherwise attend. Oh and don't get me started on the bloody kids and esp. of unmarried mothers! LOL! Bloody ferile beasts. Gets my BP right up to the top. A good old-fashioned sound thrashing is what kids (and their parents, very often!) need these days, at least once a week! :P

Ass, arse, a bum by any other name.... ;)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:14 am 

Mushy peas UGGGG! I can not stand them mate. That friend of mine from Tamworth his mom use to make them damn near with every meal. I do not even like peas that are caned at all. I do like the crispy snow pea pods in Chinese food! As for Beans and toast he would have that for breakfast. We, across the pond do not eat beans with breakfast it is just wired to me. I also never been a fan of canned beans but love beans with ham hocks for lunch or dinner. I remember the first time I had Yorkshire pudding also at my old friends house as a kid. Here pudding is a sweet desert, boy was I confused when his mom set the Yorkshire pudding down in front of me LOL. But I loved it! Oh and she would make us Bacon Buddies UMMMMMMM!! Also Spotted Dick was a dessert she made once I was not a fan, it was OK, but I have a weird phobia of raisins and currants. They look to much like dead flies to me.. Stupid I know but it sticks in my mind and I just cannot enjoy them. Shepherd's pie is good I always thought it was a Irish dish though, At least I use to get it from a local Irish Pub that got shut down for serving liqueur to minors one to many times LOL I am sure I would love 'Toad in the Hole' looked it up and got me hungry right away! Well we have no British restaurants her just a Indian one and a French one. So I may have to find a recipe and get the wife to cook it up for me. To bad Ivy is gone, I bet she could make me some!

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:27 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Canned peas are yuck! No, proper mushy peas have to be made from fresh or frozen peas. (Actually, frozen are fresher!) A pud can be any kind of pastry dish, savoury or sweet, that's steamed/steam-baked, but Yorkshire pud's a bit of an exception in that it isn't steamed/steam-baked. Love traditional puds (sweet), inc. Spotted Dick, Bread and Butter Pud - all, really. Also love 'Dead Fly Sandwich' - a nickname for a 'Garibaldi' biscuit, for obvious reasons. :D

Beans for breakfast would be a definite no-no for me - on toast for lunch, occasionally. :)

Ivy was another real battle axe! LOL! Probably would have had Þorir's mjoelnir for breakfast! ;)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:38 pm 

Nexter wrote:
Err.... and who did Dylan quote/plagiarise there? :P (One has to wonder given his history. Shows what a sick joke some Nobel prizes are.)

I've been a fan of Bob Dylan for almost 50 years, both as a liberal and the last 46 years as a conservative. I've never heard him accused of plagiarism.

I'm sure the Nobel Committee and most people would be surprised if they were aware of Bob Dylan's conservative views.

In 1964 he wrote the song "My Back Pages" in which he questioned the liberal world view that made him famous. The song included the line "Ah, but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now."

In 1972 Joan Baez begged Bob Dylan to return to political songwriting and lead the protest movement against the Vietnam war. He refused.

In 1978 he wrote the song "Is Your Love in Vain?". The song included the lines "Can you cook and sew, make flowers grow, do you understand my pain? Are you willing to risk it all, or is your love in vain?" It is his description of a perfect wife. He once stated the happiest time of his life was when he was married to his wife Sara, because she was just that type of a woman.

In 1979 Bob Dylan became a "Born-Again Christian" and his music changed drastically. In the song "I Believe in You" he tells of the reaction by so-called friends with the line, "They show me to the door, they say don't come back no more"

In 1982 he wrote the song "Neighborhood Bully". The song comes to the defense of the nation of Israel and the Jewish people.

In 1983 he wrote the song "I and I" which included the line, "Took a stranger to teach me to look into justice's beautiful face, and to see an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth".

In 1991 Rolling Stone Magazine asked him "Are you a happier man these days than twenty years earlier?" Bob Dylan's reply was:

“Oh, man, I’ve never even thought about that,” Dylan said, laughing. “Happiness is not on my list of priorities. I just deal with day-to-day things. If I’m happy, I’m happy – and if I’m not, I don’t know the difference.”

He fell silent for a few moments and stared at his hands. “You know,” he said, “these are yuppie words, happiness and unhappiness. It’s not happiness or unhappiness, it’s either blessed or unblessed."

"As the Bible says, ‘Blessed is the man who walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly.’ Now, that must be a happy man. Knowing that you are the person you were put on this earth to be – that’s much more important than just being happy."

Yes Nobel Prizes can be a sick joke. I'm sure they would take Bob Dylan's back if they new the truth.

I'll get off my soapbox now.

I still don't see any other screenshots but I do appreciate Williamsson's family pictures. :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : Off Topic  [ 35 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next