Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : Off Topic  [ 9 posts ]
 Post subject: Windows 7 the ripoff of the decade
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:44 pm 

Once more into the abyss. Here we are again with six different versions of windows, and the two versions being discounted are the versions most people will learn to hate because they are so limited. You would think after taking so long to release Vista and it being completely unstable pre SP1 and us not receiving the new file system and us being cheated on the Ultimate Extras that Microsour would have practically given away all versions of Win 7. Alas this is not to be the case $319.99 for Windows 7 Ultimate full version. Personally I have been running the Win 7 RC since it was released and I can tell you for a fact that it is nothing more than a Vista Service Pack. The only items in it that even make it worth $60.00 are the touch screen features. Would I even pay full OEM dvd pricing at say Newegg or some other online retailer which will probably be around $160.00 for Ultimate? NO, NO and NO again. The biggest mistake Microsoft is making is the fact that Win 7 will run on newer hardware that Vista will not run on meaning more component sales. The second biggest mistake Microsoft is making is the fact Win 7 will run on more older systems than Vista meaning more smaller computer upgrades. Microsoft has the chance to be responsible for kick starting the computer hardware market sales and again they only think of their bottom line. In short again Microsoft cheats the OEMs and the consumers.

Post subject: Re: Windows 7 the ripoff of the decade
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:33 pm 

system001 wrote:
Once more into the abyss. Here we are again with six different versions of windows, and the two versions being discounted are the versions most people will learn to hate because they are so limited. You would think after taking so long to release Vista and it being completely unstable pre SP1 and us not receiving the new file system and us being cheated on the Ultimate Extras that Microsour would have practically given away all versions of Win 7. Alas this is not to be the case $319.99 for Windows 7 Ultimate full version. Personally I have been running the Win 7 RC since it was released and I can tell you for a fact that it is nothing more than a Vista Service Pack. The only items in it that even make it worth $60.00 are the touch screen features. Would I even pay full OEM dvd pricing at say Newegg or some other online retailer which will probably be around $160.00 for Ultimate? NO, NO and NO again. The biggest mistake Microsoft is making is the fact that Win 7 will run on newer hardware that Vista will not run on meaning more component sales. The second biggest mistake Microsoft is making is the fact Win 7 will run on more older systems than Vista meaning more smaller computer upgrades. Microsoft has the chance to be responsible for kick starting the computer hardware market sales and again they only think of their bottom line. In short again Microsoft cheats the OEMs and the consumers.

Are you kidding, its not just about features its about whats under the hood, and I for one can tell you W7 is a far superior and less resource hungry than Vista. Vista has more memory leaks than a Welsh man celebrating Saint Davids day.

Yes I do admit they are taking the piss a bit with the pricing for those first time buyers, but they are doing great deals with their upgrade option, $100 off is pretty decent imo, so they are not exactly cheating anyone.

Microsoft have done a fantastic job with W7 and I give them alot of credit for that. They listened to there customer feedback and gave the people the OS that we so badly needed. W7 is a breath of fresh air, its even better than XP, and I liked XP so much I went straight back to it after the abomination that is Vista. I was unsure wether to try W7 or not, but after an hour of playing around with the OS it was clear to me that it stands out from any of there previous efforts.

I for one will be definetily getting my missus to buy me a copy come October 22nd :lol:

Post subject: vista pre sp1 no go, vista post sp1 a go
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:08 pm 

the point is not rather win 7 makes you more productive, but rather the history of microsoft's operating systems. 98 lots of blue screens, se a sp, me a sp that liked to freeze and then unfreeze for no apparent reason, 2000 the unstable cyborg of 98 and nt, xp the os they got right but with a very high learning curve and having to replace too much software that would no longer work with it, vista pre sp1 with hardware support from hell. microsoft with win 7 has a great chance at fantastic marketing. like a lot of people are saying it is what vista should have been. microsoft could tout a new era for their os's. era of stability, reliability, and usability. then you throw a 60 dollar or less price on win 7 pro and microsoft has instant free pr that apple would be extremely hard pressed to beat.

http://geeks.pirillo.com/forum/topics/windows-7-the-ripoff-of-the?id=2300301%3ATopic%3A2381933&page=1#comments

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:07 pm 

They are STILL leading the OS market... And keep doing that regardless of the fact that they are constantly reinventing stuff that other OSes already has.

Microsoft is not the idiot here, we are. It's capitalism, and WE have the money, and WE give it to Microsoft regardless of them making every other OS crap.

Money talks. Don't buy MS products if you don't like their business strategies, product or whatever... Use the time you can't play games or use windows only software to learn coding, and help out with the free alternatives... Or put the money on apple.

As long as people buy, Microsoft will sell. Blogging around about how things are wrong and still using what you think is overbloated crashing crap only serves to preserve things as they are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:53 pm 

actually get enough people to continue to stick with xp like they did over vista and you force microsoft to rethink their pricing for the next os. well over half of the home users are either using xp or older(70%). they continue to do this even after vista was made stable and solid with sp1. how many do you really think are going to believe that microsoft got it right this time, much less want to buy at microsofts current pricing in this still worsening economy?

Post subject: Windows 7 the ripoff of the decade
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:07 pm 
DELETED

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:27 pm 

lanasingh wrote:
I AM A COMPUTER IDIOT & ILL TELL YA WHAT...THIS THING IS EASIER THAN WINDOWS TO OPERATE WITHOUT A DOUBT...WE ARE GOING TO BUY A COUPLE OF THEM FOR THE SHOP HERE IN THE FALL...I AM DONE WITH MICRO CRAP...NOT ONLY THAT THESE APPLES TAKE UP LOTS LESS SPACE & ARE MUCH "CLEANER" LOOKING
Star-crossed for the treatment of offtop: [url="http://groups.filestube.com/group/2df0771e8a4ef14a,view.html"]Michael Jackson Comprehensive Discography in MP3 as a service to free[/url]
Everybody essential have... as a remedy for unoccupied

1. caps are considered yelling.
2. people need to know what you are talking about.
3. babbling does nothing except piss people off.
4. code you links correctly.

http://groups.filestube.com/group/2df0771e8a4ef14a,view.html :roll: :roll: :roll:

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:50 am 

im am AN XP lover myself
it was the best windows has ever made (and that's not saying to much..as it is winDOZE ;) )

--> i just wish i could still use it :(

ChuckysChild wrote:
actually get enough people to continue to stick with xp like they did over vista and you force microsoft to rethink their pricing for the next os.

the sad fact of the matter is : if you have built yourself a newer computer that uses more than 4 GB of Memory ...then you ideally have to go to windows7

as XP has a RAM cap
meaning if you had 8 gb of ram ..etc etc
it wouldnt recognize/use it --which kinda defeats the purpose of building a high end glowing wizard machine ;)

so i myself was forced to switch to this abomination called a VISTA upgrade --- thankfully its a far superior upgrade...but its stil windows 7 and not XP !!!

---> i miss my XP
even though i do like a few things here and there in win7

XP to me is still the hands on Operating system that was made for us to tinker around with, tweak and get down & dirty

its the closest thing ive had to fun..since they got rid of DOS

..anywayz .... i know this is a relaly old post ..but i thought id chime in for the fun of it

Hope ya dont mind

but rest assured.....atleast i didnt pay for my windows ;) ...lol

screw microshitty ;)

PEACE & PIXELS

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:06 pm 

KilgoreTrout, no prob with you chiming in on this, but this really is not the place to mention how you acquired your copy of windows.

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : Off Topic  [ 9 posts ]