Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : Off Topic  [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: I feel old
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 3:54 pm 

Ok, so I am reading some of the comments under the WSX story over at wincustomize, and I am laughing my A** off! I remeber when shareware was a "new" concept and the only way to get the software was to get it by mailorder, from a catalogue, on floppies (it also took 4 weeks to get delivered).

I also remember when I first used nextstart and the only real place for skins was Skinz.org! You know, I think that growing up with a command line was a good thing.

And yes, I walked to school, everyday, in the snow, carrying 100 pounds of books, and liked it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 8:51 pm 

Quote:
I remeber when shareware was a "new" concept and the only way to get the software was to get it by mailorder, from a catalogue, on floppies (it also took 4 weeks to get delivered).

:lol:

I forgot about those days! I bought software that way years ago too. I actually received updates to software via snail-mail once too! :)

Profile WWW 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:22 pm 

He, he those times bring nice memories. In fact I think it was the best time for computer users because working with command line wasn't as easy as today's graphical interfaces so PC knowledge was really good respected. These days everyone knows how to use computer :roll:

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : Off Topic  [ 3 posts ]