Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : Off Topic  [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: Welcome Back!!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:07 pm 

Glad to have you back Jorge! I'm sure like many others, I was beginning to worry that something bad may have happened. I'm relieved that was not the case. I was also beginning to get withdrawal symptoms not seeing your posts! :lol:

Post subject: Re: Welcome Back!!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:25 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Eheh. Thanks. :D

To tell you the truth I would prefer this forum to be more user-driven, i.e.; help given by users to other users, with me stepping in only when necessary. Sometimes I feel that me replying to most of the posts is, in part, the main reason why this hasn't happened yet.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:11 pm 

That would be great for you, but unfortunately, we don't have the knowledge that you do. As you can see, only a tiny percentage of posts were answered, and even a smaller amount actually solved the issue. Most of the questions (as far as I'm concerned) are quite complex.

We need you more than you realize! You're the creator and therefore the master of Winstep. You have at least a decade of knowledge with your program. Even if you sat down with me and most others for a year and told everything needed to develop your program, we still wouldn't be able to answer all of the questions you do with anywhere near the same depth of understanding as you.

Hmmmmm, I just thought of a solution to that. Are you physically prepared for a Vulcan mind meld? You wouldn't have to worry anymore when you need a break.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:26 pm 

winstep wrote:
Eheh. Thanks. :D

To tell you the truth I would prefer this forum to be more user-driven, i.e.; help given by users to other users, with me stepping in only when necessary. Sometimes I feel that me replying to most of the posts is, in part, the main reason why this hasn't happened yet.

windy is right we only know so much. like wendy said you can see only a small part of the post got answered. now we do have at least two others with a fair amount of knowledge on winstep that did nothing.

Last edited by ChuckysChild on Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:02 pm 

Uh ow... that includes me. :oops:
Tell you the truth, I was expecting Jorge to come in and answer. I had no idea it would be 40 days away. I know this sounds weird, but if he made a group of people and told us something like, you know, I'll be windsurfing in the Carribean for a month, whenever you can and if you can, answer a few posts until I get back, I totally would.
Just saying...

Profile WWWYIMICQ 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:00 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

ChuckysChild wrote:
wendy is right we only know so much.

I'm not sure Windy is going to appreciate you calling him Wendy much, lol :wink:

skagon wrote:
whenever you can and if you can, answer a few posts until I get back, I totally would.

See? I was right, me posting so much is getting in the way of user to user support. :P

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:27 pm 

winstep wrote:
ChuckysChild wrote:
wendy is right we only know so much.

I'm not sure Windy is going to appreciate you calling him Wendy much, lol :wink:

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : Off Topic  [ 7 posts ]