Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : Off Topic  [ 14 posts ]
 Post subject: HoloLens. Will This Put Windows 10 On Top?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:40 pm 

Another huge area of wonder...Microsoft's HoloLens. Is this the real deal or just another Windows 8 style failure?

Here is the article and video. http://www.komando.com/happening-now/30 ... sci-fi/all

P.S. Jorge, your "Go ahead. Make my day." meme in this Windows 10 For Free? Should I Get It? thread in reply to Skagon's post is awesome!! I had a great laugh and I'm sure everyone else agrees with it as well!! I didn't want to step on it without a substantive comment. Too bad there is no Like button. :D

Post subject: Re: HoloLens. Will This Put Windows 10 On Top?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:12 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

:)

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:14 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Personally I think thar 'Hololens' thing in Windows 10 *might be* a major break-through. If it works properly, it's a simple but very effective solution to holograms/virtual reality vs. the real world.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:39 am 

It looks promising, but one can never tell for sure with Microsoft. I wonder how much they'll charge.

I also wonder if this technology is susceptible to viruses or is it impossible to get one in the same way that a TV or monitor cannot have a virus.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:03 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Nothing is impossible. If it can be done, it can also be hacked into.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:11 pm 

If it is designed to connect to the net, then all bets are off. I'm still unclear if this thing is a closed system and is nothing more than a futuristic version of a projector which obviously cannot have a virus.

If it is a closed system, there is a much greater chance of it being awesome. Just think, something like that being impervious to hackers!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:33 pm 

check this out! http://thenextweb.com/microsoft/2016/06/03/micr/#gref

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:08 am 

OK long story short...

I am of the "older" generation.

I have been a musician since I was 14 and by this time one would hope pretty good at it.
HOWEVER - when my children were babies, I needed to put food on the table every night of the week, so a great month followed by a lean one was unacceptable, so I went back to UNI and studied I.T and did it until they grew up. I was a musician doing I.T not the other way around :)

MICROSOFT - Is Evolutionary and as a comparison
IBM is Revolutionary.
Microsoft builds on what exists they copy and improve. RARELY do they create something that does not already exist. this has been true in I.T for decades.
[I have CCNA, MCSE and many other tickets that I stopped upgrading when I quit I.T when my kids grew up :)]

e.g move the leters by 1 - VMS - WNT [WindowsNT]
IBM - HAL [hardware Abstraction Layer]
ALSO - Active directory is a DIRECT ripoff of NDS [Novell Diirectory Services - I was Novell certified as well]. It still to this day does not do with Inherited rights what NDS was doing in version 3 and 4 and that was many years ago.
Cheers

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:52 am 

david.smith0143 wrote:

As I am newbie I think I don't have a right to post in a old thread but I think it is neccessary for you to know that this link is not working which you shared in your post please check it and update because when someone looking for that kind of info they can't access it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:51 pm 

Here's the update. This was updated just last month about the progress of Hololens, pricing, and availability. https://www.buildwagon.com/What-happene ... olens.html

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:04 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Windy wrote:
Here's the update. This was updated just last month about the progress of Hololens, pricing, and availability. https://www.buildwagon.com/What-happene ... olens.html

Interesting. If this can be made small and comfortable, as well as more affordable, I could see a lot of different uses for this in computing in the future. And I don't mean games - no concern/interest to me. :)

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:03 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

jhonedk wrote:
Yes, you have Windows 10 tho, but now tho Windows 11, in this you will get more features than Windows 10, you should try. It is the best Microsoft operating system of 2022.

Well, if you're happy with Windows 11 and Windows heaping more and more faeces on you and, along with MS's fellow 'Big Tech' cos. harvesting your personal data, fine, I'm happy for you. As for myself, I am most certainly not happy with Windows and MS and the rest of 'Big Tech'. I do not like having junk forced upon me, and Win 11 is forcing still more of that on users, and I'm not having it. In fact, when I do get around to re-installing Win 10 it will be in a very small partition only and mainly will be used offline only, and when it is online it will be via my secure, encrypted and very private VPN plus the TOR network only. I have been using Linux as my principal OS for a number of years now, and I hardly need Windows any more. I also never touch anything even remotely connected with the other 'Big Techs' such as google et al and use the secure TOR Browser with occasionally Firefox. Security.

And by the way, I hate spammer wankers trying to play clever with hidden spam with a passion. Thus, spam removed and - you're banned, merchant banker. :P :twisted:

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:37 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yeah, spammers seem to have an attraction to this thread for some reason lol

Just now I deleted a thread in the main forum where one bot posted a seemingly innocent question on Jan 23rd, which was only answered today (with links, of course) by another bot that registered into the forum a few days after the first. Clever.

The problem is that we are fighting a mix of bots and (underpaid) humans. You can beat the bots, but not the humans (unless you lock out the whole forum).

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:27 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Yep, I long noticed that they somehow latch on to certain threads.

I suspect the jhonedk a/c may well be a spam bot BTW - using a fiendish little way of posting spam 'invisibly' but if your mouse by chance gets over a certain spot in the post it suddenly indicates a link, and of course, a lot of rather less than savvy users could almost by reflex click it. (I won't mention the technical details here - I'm sure you know them yourself. :) ) Come across this method and a related one before. Somehow I rather suspect the majority of - often only semi-literate - underpaid human spammers just wouldn't be clever enough to use these methods.

When all is said and done though, at least the overall amount of spam has decreased quite significantly ever since the deletion of a certain thread. That somehow seemed to function as some kind of beacon leading spammers to the site.

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : Off Topic  [ 14 posts ]