Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : Off Topic  [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Bump a post?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:43 pm 

Can someone explain to this ignorant guest how to bump a post? Bumping a post is mentioned in the announcements forum, tips and hints. I posted on Feb. 5, 2022 and no response so far, and I'd like to bump the post.

Post subject: Re: Bump a post?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:36 am 

:arrow:

Profile YIM 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:31 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

graybeard28 wrote:
Can someone explain to this ignorant guest how to bump a post? Bumping a post is mentioned in the announcements forum, tips and hints. I posted on Feb. 5, 2022 and no response so far, and I'd like to bump the post.

Your post was posted on 8th Feb., just over a week ago. Hardly a long time to wait for a response. Please study the Board Rules & Guidelines and follow them.

As for bumpping a post, I would suggest that a minimum reasonable time to wait before doing so would be 3-4 weeks. However, I think this function is currently disabled anyway. And in the present circumstances, there is little point in it anyway, if ever.

At present there is in any even some delay to be expected as the sole owner/coder of Winstep and admin of this board is currently unwell, and there are only two of us volunteer moderators and I'm having health issues myself at the moment. Not to mention that there is a huge backlog of queries and support issues to be dealt with as well.

:Edit: Sorry, my mistake - bumping in fact is not disabled. Just didn't see it. :) However, it really should be avoided if at all possible and is generally somewhat frowned upon. :/Edit:

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:32 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PuterDudeJim wrote:
:arrow:

?? Shurely shome mishtake, sir. ;)

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : Off Topic  [ 4 posts ]