Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : Off Topic  [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Petition regarding MS malicious practices with Windows 10
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:56 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Have the EFF investigate Microsoft for malicious practices regarding Windows 10.

There is a petition you can sign to see if this matter can be brought to the attention of the EFF. It's only about 4 days old but it's slowly gaining momentum and, at the time I am writing this, already counts with over 4,000 signatures.

Personally I'm amazed MS hasn't been hit by a class action suite yet. If you dislike MS latest practices (this has nothing to do with liking the OS itself or not) as much as me, go ahead and add your signature to the petition.

You can find it HERE.

Profile WWW 

Post subject: Re: Petition regarding MS malicious practices with Windows 1
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:45 pm 

Could not possible agree more. Done. Thanks Jorge.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:37 am 

Signed it! As far as I'm concerned, this is the nail in the coffin. I will not upgrade from Windows 7 to 10. Furthermore, instead of recommending to others to hold off until right before the free option expires and then decide, I will now tell others to absolutely not install it.

I'm sure if this petition gets enough signatures Microsoft will have to get rid of all the unethical things they've embedded into 10. They might even have to pony up some big bucks too!

Obviously my suspicions about 10 (I've posted in this forum when it first came out) were right from the very beginning.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:40 am 

I remember kerry Packer [RIP} once being asked how he managed to run his money offshore and pay next to no taxes when he made billions.
he said "Because I can".
lol

Microsoft when they brought in active desktop and it took over nearly everything in the first version sending alarm bells everywhere with IE integrated into the O/S, thereby causing Netscape to instigate along with many others down the track the anti-trust case.

Old story, people with a lot of money will get away with whatever they can. Only when people with enough balls to stand up to them instigate an enquiry will anything be done.
Money talks and BS walks it seems.

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : Off Topic  [ 4 posts ]