Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : Translations  [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Traduction française complète / FRENCH.ini
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:45 am 

Voici ma contribution pour le projet Winstep!!!

Une traduction revue et corrigée des fichiers French.ini.

P.S. Si vous trouvez quelques petites fautes, veuillez m'en aviser dans le présent forum et il me fera plaisir de les corriger.

Merci !

Please find enclosed the updated "french.ini" files for Winstep.

Thanks!

Attachments:
WinstepFR.zip [64.67 KiB]
Downloaded 2541 times

Post subject: Re: Traduction française complète / FRENCH.ini
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:59 pm 

sommairement vérifié quelques sections et de nombreuses fautes d'orthographe, conjugaison et accords subsistent
ça ne fait pas très pro... :?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:08 am 

Merci pour le commentaire négatif,

C'est pas en insultant les autres que tu deviendras intelligent, penses donc à essayer d'aider au lieu de nuire.

Je n'ai pas dis que c'était une version parfaite, juste un peu moins imparfaite, j'ai quand même mis plus de 4 heures de mon temps à essayer de faire une traduction plus compréhensible par tous.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:41 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Guys, I would like to say something but it will have to be in English, sorry:

First, I appreciate any and all contributions, as that obviously mean people like the applications enough to invest some of their time.

However, contributions must be done with the right spirit, if you do a quick and dirty job (and I am not saying that is what happened here) in the end you will be doing more harm than good.

It's very hard for me to evaluate the quality of a translation, simply because I don't speak most of the languages. So I have to trust the user and submit his translation.

If the translation is really bad (and this has happened before, unfortunately), eventually I get feedback from other users regarding that particular language, but, until that feedback gets to me, this will have reflected very badly on Winstep's reputation.

You see, most users will not bother reporting a bad translation, instead assuming we already know about it and decided to release it anyway. They're not even aware that translations are provided by Winstep users instead of Winstep itself - so, if the translation is sloppy, what's to say about the application?!

So, it's very important that users submiting translations take pride in their work and do a good job. Their translation will be used by thousands of people, after all.

Once a translation is finished, you should open every single settings panel and menus in the program, check for spelling mistakes, and make sure all phrases fit in the space allocated to them (if one doesn't, go back and re-write it until it fits - remember translations don't have to be literal or word-by-word, rather they simply have to mean the same thing as the original).

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:47 am 

Hi Jorge

First of all, There are some problems with the interface itself, we are not always able to write the correct sentence because we have lack of space (It could be very useful to have the windows sizable). If you load my translation and open the "Dock Properties" window, you will see that the "?" exclamation mark is not following the word "moniteur" ... not enough space.

I have took this translation from another Guys ... it was plenty of fault (I have fixed most of them + translate some other commands that was not translate at all).

I do my best, it's the reason why I said in my post (If you find any mistake, you can tell to me and I will fix it).

Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:09 am 

Merci pour ta participation engine996!
J'aimerais pouvoir en faire autant mais je manque de temps libre.
Bravo pour ton effort.
J'aimerais juste savoir comment l'installer, si tu veux.

Thanks engine996 for your participation!
I would like to do the same as you but I'm lacking leisure time.
Congratulations for your effort. :)
I would only need to know how to install it, if you please.

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : Translations  [ 6 posts ]