Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: So, Can Anybody Help with Workshelf Config?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:51 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

I am trying to use the newer Workshelf Advanced Skinning mode with WsFullBody.*, WsFullTabI.*, WsFullTabA.*, WsFullTabmL.* and WsFullTabmR.* - but what are the correct configurations for this in the *.wsw file? With the settings for the old-style multi-bitmap shelf, it yields just visual gobbledygook. Any help appreciated, thx.

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

Post subject: Re: So, Can Anybody Help with Workshelf Config?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:24 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Use BodyLeftTile, BodyRightTile, BodyTopTile and BodyBottomTile for the WsFullBody bitmap.

The icons will start appearing AFTER the above tile sections, so these can be used in conjunction with BodyRightOffset and BodyLeftOffset (which can be negative numbers) to offset the icons.

For tabs use ATabLeftTile, ATabRightTile, ITabLeftTile, ITabRightTile

Luckily for you I just started working on the skinning part to be able to make those pesky inverted Shelves, so I had to look this up again anyway. :wink:

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:06 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

winstep wrote:
Use BodyLeftTile, BodyRightTile, BodyTopTile and BodyBottomTile for the WsFullBody bitmap.

The icons will start appearing AFTER the above tile sections, so these can be used in conjunction with BodyRightOffset and BodyLeftOffset (which can be negative numbers) to offset the icons.

For tabs use ATabLeftTile, ATabRightTile, ITabLeftTile, ITabRightTile

Luckily for you I just started working on the skinning part to be able to make those pesky inverted Shelves, so I had to look this up again anyway. :wink:

LOL! Aww thanks a mill Jorge - just seemed absurd to use the old format with 17 separate bitmaps when I've got all the 5 bitmaps required for the newer format anyway and when the older format is meant to be 'heritage' only - i.e., to support old skins. I thought it's all the more important to use the newer format on account of the multiple shelves that you are so busily working on.

Btw, I think I may have come up against a possible bug, not sure if it's been reported before and not sure whether it's perhaps new to 18.5. I was using one of my (background, not tiled) docks to launch an app but accidentally clicked on the area roughly between icons. 'Pouffff....' The icon of the app I meant to hit went up in smoke, leaving its sub-dock abandoned and likewise deleted. Repeated this on another background dock, same thing. Then tried a tiled dock - nothing happened there. So would seem to only affect background docks. (Thx to up to date backups, no losses, all safely restored.)

Oh, and the new delete anim came in very handy there, as it immediately drew my attention whereas otherwise I would have just been left wondering what happened to my icon and sub-dock! :)

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:01 pm 

nexter wrote:
Btw, I think I may have come up against a possible bug, not sure if it's been reported before and not sure whether it's perhaps new to 18.5. I was using one of my (background, not tiled) docks to launch an app but accidentally clicked on the area roughly between icons. 'Pouffff....' The icon of the app I meant to hit went up in smoke, leaving its sub-dock abandoned and likewise deleted. Repeated this on another background dock, same thing. Then tried a tiled dock - nothing happened there. So would seem to only affect background docks. (Thx to up to date backups, no losses, all safely restored.)

Oh, and the new delete anim came in very handy there, as it immediately drew my attention whereas otherwise I would have just been left wondering what happened to my icon and sub-dock! :)

doesnt happen here, only simmilar thing that happens if i accidentaly g'grab' an icon for drag and drop

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:10 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

seeker wrote:
doesnt happen here, only simmilar thing that happens if i accidentaly g'grab' an icon for drag and drop

Probably what happened, because I can't reproduce it here either - in which case it created a shortcut on the Windows Desktop, even if you have 'Hide Desktop Icons' enabled. Nexus supports true drag & drop, so you can drag shortcuts off the dock into Explorer windows, the desktop, etc...

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:13 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

winstep wrote:
seeker wrote:

Probably what happened, because I can't reproduce it here either - in which case it created a shortcut on the Windows Desktop, even if you have 'Hide Desktop Icons' enabled. Nexus supports true drag & drop, so you can drag shortcuts off the dock into Explorer windows, the desktop, etc...

Yes, that's got to be it, esp. as the icons are rather large and the separation relatively small. My mistake. Good to know though it isn't some bug.

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 6 posts ]