Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 388 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: So, what's next after v18.5?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:29 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Adding a 'repeat every <x> days/months/years' setting to the alarms and we should have a public beta after that.

Let's see if it's still on time for the official release to remain v18.7 instead of v18.8. Kind of doubt it, there were just too many core changes made to the code lol. This truly was a big one.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:15 am 

winstep wrote:

Quote:
Sigh. This happens for two reasons: one because you're not understanding how modules work, second because the whole concept is rather confusing and not clear at all (lol).

A few lose concepts:

Thank you Jorge for that detailed explination. I think I will have to read it again, I am still half asleep and functioning at 25% capacity....

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:08 am 

I am not sure if it is my mistake or a bug:

When I have installed the latest private betas I installed first the Ultimate version ( by haste) and on top of that the Xtreme version (the one I own)
. Today I got the warning that I am using the sharware version of the Ultimate version for 15 days. The About tab from preferences shows the correct licence date.

Now, how do I get rid of that warning window that apears at every restart?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:21 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The license key used for Ultimate is different from the license key used for Xtreme. So, Xtreme is registered in your system, because it has a valid xtreme.key, but Ultimate is not.

The only thing you need to do is exit Nexus Ultimate and then delete nexus-ultimate.exe from C:\Program Files (x86)\Winstep\

Guess this also explains why you got two Shelves and two docks when you run the first private beta?

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:30 am 

winstep wrote:

Quote:
The license key used for Ultimate is different from the license key used for Xtreme. So, Xtreme is registered in your system, because it has a valid xtreme.key, but Ultimate is not.

The only thing you need to do is exit Nexus Ultimate and then delete nexus-ultimate.exe from C:\Program Files (x86)\Winstep\

Guess this also explains why you got two Shelves and two docks when you run the first private beta?

Yeap, that worked. And I think you are wright, this is the reason I`ve got double docks and everyting. I have given another try at reinstalling the latest beta, and no double anything.

Anyway, that was a stupid mistake on my part. Lol

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:53 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

winstep wrote:
Adding a 'repeat every <x> days/months/years' setting to the alarms and we should have a public beta after that.

Let's see if it's still on time for the official release to remain v18.7 instead of v18.8. Kind of doubt it, there were just too many core changes made to the code lol. This truly was a big one.

Yep, certainly is a biggie. 18.7, 18.8 - who cares Jorge, it's done when it's done and then you can give yourself a big pat on the back for achieving such a major change in such a relatively short time.

Like the addition above, was missing something like that.

Any news on the mouse-overs not showing on the shelf hide and esp. prefs icons? (Other than on bottom shelves?

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:42 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

HOLY $"$#"#!

I only noticed now that moving items in the dock by dragging them is playing the delete animation. And that happens in v18.5 too. :(

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:42 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

nexter wrote:
Bit of a problem with NeXus.

If one accidentally clicks just outside of the sub-dock arrow's area, that whole sub-dock gets deleted. Seems to happen only with vertical docks. Thought it was just a fluke, but it's happened repeatedly over the last few days. Probably not beta related, I suppose.

Ok, can't reproduce this problem here. As usual, issue is likely in the details, so I need all the relevant details you can think of (e.g.; what mouseover effect are you using, do sub-docks pop out when you click on the icon or only when you click on the sub-dock indicator, etc...)

Try finding a configuration where it DOES happen and one where it DOESN'T happen.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:48 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

winstep wrote:
nexter wrote:
Bit of a problem with NeXus.

If one accidentally clicks just outside of the sub-dock arrow's area, that whole sub-dock gets deleted. Seems to happen only with vertical docks. Thought it was just a fluke, but it's happened repeatedly over the last few days. Probably not beta related, I suppose.

Ok, can't reproduce this problem here. As usual, issue is likely in the details, so I need all the relevant details you can think of (e.g.; what mouseover effect are you using, do sub-docks pop out when you click on the icon or only when you click on the sub-dock indicator, etc...)

Try finding a configuration where it DOES happen and one where it DOESN'T happen.

Happens in all configs and all themes, horizontal and vertical docks. Actually caused by the slightest movement while clicking in the sub-dock indicator area as I already reported. And we tried creating a sub-dock specially with one item with a unique name - result was that after 'accidentally' trashing the sub-dock, the unique file name was still in the new wbk file but in splendid isolation, also as reported. This is consistent with what can be seen on screen, as just before the sub-dock icon goes up in smoke the subdock is actually displayed and stays on screen until the next mouse click.

Normally only happens when I'm in haste and move to the indicator very quickly from elsewhere on the screen.
winstep wrote:
HOLY $"$#"#!

I only noticed now that moving items in the dock by dragging them is playing the delete animation. And that happens in v18.5 too. :(

And I thought all along that this was intentional Jorge, though somewhat odd and really irritating but forgot to mention anything. Ah well, how wrong can one be? :)

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:01 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

nexter wrote:
Actually caused by the slightest movement while clicking in the sub-dock indicator area as I already reported.

Why are you clicking the little sub-dock indicator instead of the whole icon? Do you have 'Allow attaching sub-docks to existing application shortcuts' enabled?

What is your dock mouse over effect set to? None?

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:07 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

winstep wrote:
nexter wrote:
Actually caused by the slightest movement while clicking in the sub-dock indicator area as I already reported.

Why are you clicking the little sub-dock indicator instead of the whole icon? Do you have 'Allow attaching sub-docks to existing application shortcuts' enabled?

What is your dock mouse over effect set to? None?

Yes to the first question, so there are no sub-dock control icons, and none to the second as don't really use any effects normally (except to test) other than for attention.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:23 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

nexter wrote:
Yes to the first question, so there are no sub-dock control icons, and none to the second as don't really use any effects normally (except to test) other than for attention.

#$%$#"# Using those settings I was able to reproduce it here exactly ONCE (and when I didn't expected it).

I need to find a way to reproduce it reliably in order to figure out what is going on.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:32 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ok, figured it out (it was easy once I had a chance to look at what was actually going on): this happened because when clicking the sub-dock indicator you *slightly* dragged the main icon a bit towards the sub-dock indicator.

With 'Allow attaching sub-docks to existing application shortcuts' enabled, this caused the icon to be dropped *into* itself, which ultimately led to it being removed from the dock.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:42 am 

I have discovered some unreported bug or more like an overlooked behaviour. It applies to both vertical and horizontal shelfs:

In tabs that have more than one raw when you double click the title it shows all content. Lets say that you have 3 tabs that needs, in order to show all content:
    A= 6 rows
    B= 4 rows
    C= 2 rows

Here is what is happening: double click the tab A expands the shelf 6 rows, swiching to another tab, lets say B, keeps the 6 rows even if there is no content to show. If you double click now on tab B it contracts to 4 rows, removing the empty rows. Double clicking again on tab B contracts the tab again to the default number of rows (in my case the predefined number of 1 row). If instead of the second double click, I single click to switch to tab C, again we have 2 empty rows. Again the first double click contracts the tab to 2 rows and the second double click to the default number of rows (in my case 1 row).

Another issue with shelfs (it is ok for docks and drawers): when you mouse over an icon (not the icon label itself) in the shelf, the balloon information tooltips label appears and disappears really fast (it stays maybe 1 second?), while doing the same on docks and drawers, the info label remains visible until you move the mouse away.

Regarding drawers, I have encountered an issue for both vertical and horizontal: drawers expand to show all content (if space permits) by default. If you double click the drawer name tag, they contract to the default number of icons to display (my case 1, tryed with 2 no difference). Here is the problem: when you click the drawer name to close it completly, for the next opening it goes back to show full content, forgeting the previous state (unlike shelfs, that remember the previous state and use it on reopening).

Other than that, nothing that was not reported by others. So far...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:34 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Vlad wrote:
Here is what is happening: double click the tab A expands the shelf 6 rows, swiching to another tab, lets say B, keeps the 6 rows even if there is no content to show. If you double click now on tab B it contracts to 4 rows, removing the empty rows. Double clicking again on tab B contracts the tab again to the default number of rows (in my case the predefined number of 1 row). If instead of the second double click, I single click to switch to tab C, again we have 2 empty rows. Again the first double click contracts the tab to 2 rows and the second double click to the default number of rows (in my case 1 row).

This behavior is actually by design.

What you definitely do NOT want is the Shelf automatically expanding or contracting to show all of a tab's contents whenever you click on a different tab. Just imagine that: you would be chasing those tabs all over the screen.

So, the current number of open rows remains the same when you single click on a new tab EVEN if the new tab does not have enough content to fully fill the number of visible rows.

Furthermore, double click is kind of a multi-function feature and can be used even when you have expanded a tab *manually* by dragging the tab handler up or down. It basically does the following: if the number of visible icon rows is NOT the default number of rows (1 in your case), regardless of how many icon rows are currently being shown, it contracts the Shelf to display the default number of rows (1). If it is the default number of rows, then it fully expands the Shelf to display all the content of that tab (or at least what will fit on the screen).

Vlad wrote:
Another issue with shelfs (it is ok for docks and drawers): when you mouse over an icon (not the icon label itself) in the shelf, the balloon information tooltips label appears and disappears really fast (it stays maybe 1 second?), while doing the same on docks and drawers, the info label remains visible until you move the mouse away.

Actually I think this is related to actual content of that tab and not to the Shelves themselves. Let me guess: you have a Media Player icon on that tab and it is currently flashing paused? If so, I already fixed the issue here.

This was creating problems in that it repainted the whole tab instead of just the Media Player icon, which also caused problems when dragging items over that tab.

Vlad wrote:
Regarding drawers, I have encountered an issue for both vertical and horizontal: drawers expand to show all content (if space permits) by default. If you double click the drawer name tag, they contract to the default number of icons to display (my case 1, tryed with 2 no difference). Here is the problem: when you click the drawer name to close it completely, for the next opening it goes back to show full content, forgeting the previous state (unlike shelfs, that remember the previous state and use it on reopening).

This has already been fixed here. I wanted you guys to experience the new Drawers feature before I went on holidays, but I was aware they were not fully ready for user consumption yet - ergo the beta being private.

About to release a new beta, and if all goes well it will be followed by a public beta soon afterwards.

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 388 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 26  Next