Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 388 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: So, what's next after v18.5?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:40 am 

winstep wrote:

Quote:
This behavior is actually by design.

What you definitely do NOT want is the Shelf automatically expanding or contracting to show all of a tab's contents whenever you click on a different tab. Just imagine that: you would be chasing those tabs all over the screen.

It makes more sense to me also. I just did not know what you had in mind Jorge.

winstep wrote:

Quote:
Vlad wrote:
Another issue with shelfs (it is ok for docks and drawers): when you mouse over an icon (not the icon label itself) in the shelf, the balloon information tooltips label appears and disappears really fast (it stays maybe 1 second?), while doing the same on docks and drawers, the info label remains visible until you move the mouse away.

Actually I think this is related to actual content of that tab and not to the Shelves themselves. Let me guess: you have a Media Player icon on that tab and it is currently flashing paused? If so, I already fixed the issue here.

This was creating problems in that it repainted the whole tab instead of just the Media Player icon, which also caused problems when dragging items over that tab.

It happens no matter what shelf tab, I have tested in most of them. So it is not related to Media Player icon.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:16 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Vlad wrote:
It happens no matter what shelf tab, I have tested in most of them. So it is not related to Media Player icon.

Rats. And here I was thinking how clever I am ehehehe :oops:

Can you find a setting that stops it from happening? If you create a brand new Shelf, does it also happen there?

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:32 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ok, before we start running after Gremmlins that may or may not no longer exist, grab the new betas first (private beta 3):

You can download the new beta of Winstep Xtreme v18.7 from HERE

and the beta of Nexus Ultimate v18.7 from HERE.

Exit all running Winstep applications, then unzip and run setup.

Ah, Vlad, I implemented the new accent color colorization but I actually forgot to test it lol. It SHOULD work, but let me know either way please.

Also, check your alarms for problems, I've added a new 'repeat every' function - you can test those by hitting the 'Skip Next Activation' button and comparing the new activation date to what it should be.

Also check out the new Tone colorization method: it should only be used with black & white backgrounds though, but it is the only method that actually colorizes blacks.

Check out the new 'Now Playing' right-click context menu option of the Media Player too.

Also, try resizing a Shelf by dragging the tab with the mouse pointer - it now resizes smoothly instead of abruptly like it did before. Let me know what you think.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:00 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

winstep wrote:
Ah, Vlad, I implemented the new accent color colorization but I actually forgot to test it lol. It SHOULD work, but let me know either way please.

Meh. Should have tested it first.

Worked for NextSTART and the Desktop modules. Not so much for docks (it applied to docks correctly the first time, but not when I changed the accent color afterwards) and the Shelf lol

And this is what happens when your main development system is still Windows 7.

There are other problems with the colorization settings I must still tackle: you see, before there was only one Shelf, so colorization settings for the Shelf (and the theme) was considered as the global theme/colorization settings.

But now you can have multiple Shelves (and Drawers) each with its own color settings and themes, so this approach no longer works.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:19 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ok, already figured out the dock issue vs. colorization: made a change that also broke wallpaper hottrack colorization. Fixed now.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:33 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

winstep wrote:
Ok, figured it out (it was easy once I had a chance to look at what was actually going on): this happened because when clicking the sub-dock indicator you *slightly* dragged the main icon a bit towards the sub-dock indicator.

With 'Allow attaching sub-docks to existing application shortcuts' enabled, this caused the icon to be dropped *into* itself, which ultimately led to it being removed from the dock.

Makes sense. Any way to 'fix' this other than preventing it from happening by making sure cursor is perfectly stationary when clicking?

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:48 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

nexter wrote:
Makes sense. Any way to 'fix' this other than preventing it from happening by making sure cursor is perfectly stationary when clicking?

Eh? Should already be fixed in the new beta.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:19 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

winstep wrote:
Ok, already figured out the dock issue vs. colorization: made a change that also broke wallpaper hottrack colorization. Fixed now.

Fixed the colorization issues and re-uploaded the betas. If you downloaded before this message and you're interested in the colorization thingy working correctly, you should download again from the links above.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:20 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

winstep wrote:
Also, check your alarms for problems, I've added a new 'repeat every' function - you can test those by hitting the 'Skip Next Activation' button and comparing the new activation date to what it should be.

Just a small heads up: I changed the alarms, but forgot to update the alarm descriptions - so they won't show the 'repeat every' status.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:05 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

winstep wrote:
nexter wrote:

Eh? Should already be fixed in the new beta.

You're a feckin' genius of a wizard Jorge! :)

Sorry to say all those posts had not shown up here during my last visit. Downloaded new beta now.

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:59 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

No idea if this is in any way beta related or even any kind of fault, as I've never seen this before with any theme. But with a partly new-ish theme only used now, the colour used for the in-shelf meter mods' histo line is distinctly odd - a cyan tone, while in the screen grab alongside this is shown a desktop mod using its proper graduated h file. How does the colour for the in-shelf meter histos get determined anyway? This just seems so odd and 'out of character' as with other themes the histo colour seems to pretty much match that of the desktop mod.
Attachment:
MeterMod-HistoColour-combd.png
MeterMod-HistoColour-combd.png [ 7.27 KiB | Viewed 14906 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:09 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

nexter wrote:
No idea if this is in any way beta related or even any kind of fault, as I've never seen this before with any theme. But with a partly new-ish theme only used now, the colour used for the in-shelf meter mods' histo line is distinctly odd - a cyan tone, while in the screen grab alongside this is shown a desktop mod using its proper graduated h file. How does the colour for the in-shelf meter histos get determined anyway? This just seems so odd and 'out of character' as with other themes the histo colour seems to pretty much match that of the desktop mod.

The color for the iconic histograms is determined separately from the color for desktop modules. Right click one of the Net iconic modules, select Net Meter Settings, then change the graphics color.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:19 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ok, I have a question for you guys (which I think I know the answer to):

As I explained in a previous post, if the current theme does not have bitmaps for a particular *desktop* module, it will display that desktop module using the iconic format.

The problem with this is that any colorization settings for that particular desktop module, set in the Modules tab of Preferences, will then have NO EFFECT on the desktop module itself, which can be confusing or thought of as buggy behavior.

So, the question is: should desktop module colorization settings have an effect even if the module is being displayed in iconic format?

If the answer seems to be a no-brainer yes, think first about all the possible implications: for instance, some iconic modules (e.g.; Wanda, Battery, Calendar) already have their own colorization settings *for the iconic format* - then what? Which colorization method takes precedence? And what about the Weather module? Are you really going to colorize a weather icon?

So, perhaps it would be better to either

a) Disable the colorization settings for desktop modules that are being displayed in iconic format.

b) Pop up a message explaining that desktop modules in iconic format cannot be colorized if the user tries to colorize them.

What is your opinion?

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:12 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

seeker wrote:
Vlad wrote:
Found a bug:

On a dock (my case docked to bottom edge, let`s call it Dock 1) if you try to drag and drop a shortcut placed on a subdock located on Dock 1, directly on the Dock 1, after doing the operation, the Dock 1 behaves like the option for drag and drop is set to lock (even if the said option from dock proprieties remains unchecked, so unlocked), meaning you can not drag and drop anything. The problem is fixed only if you exit Winstep and run it again.

You can drop icons into the subdock without a problem. You can move the subdock around as well.
The bug seems to trigger only on operations that are taking place on the same dock (Dock 1 or Dock 2, etc), if you try to do the drag and drop of the icon from a subdock between Dock 1 and Dock 2, for example, everything is fine.

can sorta confirm, it seems a bit random, happened just once out of several tries

Can you guys still reproduce this in the latest beta? I seem to be unable to reproduce here, unless I'm not doing it right.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:34 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

seeker wrote:
Bug/crash

when rapidly switching from themes tab and back with animations for UI disabled: (probably bc it was still loading themes for themes tab( reproduced 4 times in a row):

Should have fixed this for the *NEXT* beta.

Sorry guys, slowly going back through the list here.

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 388 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 26  Next