Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Drawer's more than one row or colum icons
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:30 pm 

nexter in another thread wrote wrote:
Incidentally, a drawer can display as many icon rows as you like (you can specify the number in Drawer Properties -> Appearance -> More Options

Please be as verbose here as possible, I still can’t get more than one row out of the drawer, I am expecting a 5X5 grid here, see below.

nexter in another thread wrote wrote:
Works fine here

Granted but why not for me.
Attachment:
draw.png
draw.png [ 53.49 KiB | Viewed 9564 times ]

Post subject: Re: Drawer's more than one row or colum icons
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:16 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ok, the phrase in that properties dialog is wrong (Drawers and Shelves share the same properties dialogs, with a few differences here and there, where the word Shelf is replaced with Drawer)

In the case of the Shelf that would actually mean icon rows, in the case of Drawers, the word 'rows of' should probably be removed. A Drawer can only display a single row of icons (and that is by design).

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:23 pm 

Just saw this thread. Not sure if it was posted after my comment some hours earlier. It answers some of what I posted in this thread Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:40 PM viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10791

Jorge, did you see that post? What do you think? Is that something you're able to do?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:24 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Oops, yes, I did get things a bit mixed up there, resulting from the fact that a short while ago (during the betas for 18.8) I tried out the drawer with a load of icons and set to display a limited number of icons, the rest being then scrolled or expanded (in a single row) as far as screen space allows, while at the same time I also tried out a single tab shelf - *not* set to full-screen width! - with a ton of icons.

It is the latter I must have been thinking of, and this indeed would be the perfect solution for what some of you want. Just resize the shelf to accommodate the number of icons you want displayed in a single row/column, then double-click the tab to expand and display all icon rows/columns.

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]