Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 20 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Drawer and Dock Folders Issue
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:45 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Windy wrote:
Hi Jorge, I was tinkering around with a Drawer and just thought about something. Is it possible to expand the icon rows? I looked but couldn’t find that feature.

Drawers are limited to 1 icon row by design. If you want multiple rows of icons, you might as well use a single tab Shelf instead of a Drawer.

Windy wrote:
On top of that, it would be cool if there would be an option to set how many rows it jumps with each scroll of the mouse wheel (in my case mouse ring) and/or click of whatever that arrow thing is called that allows you to move through using left-click.

Not adding new settings for something like that, but I did add a new feature in the same vein for next release: if you press SHIFT while *clicking* the scroll arrow, it will scroll a full page of icons. If you press CTRL, it will scroll to the end (or the beginning).

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:59 pm 

winstep wrote:
Drawers are limited to 1 icon row by design. If you want multiple rows of icons, you might as well use a single tab Shelf instead of a Drawer.

Please explain. Not sure what you mean by a single tab Shelf. I assume it would not be physically connected to my Shelf? And how would I create that?

Windy wrote:
On top of that, it would be cool if there would be an option to set how many rows it jumps with each scroll of the mouse wheel (in my case mouse ring) and/or click of whatever that arrow thing is called that allows you to move through using left-click.

winstep wrote:
Not adding new settings for something like that, but I did add a new feature in the same vein for next release: if you press SHIFT while *clicking* the scroll arrow, it will scroll a full page of icons. If you press CTRL, it will scroll to the end (or the beginning).

Okay. Better to have something than nothing at all.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:05 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Windy wrote:
Please explain. Not sure what you mean by a single tab Shelf. I assume it would not be physically connected to my Shelf? And how would I create that?

Windy, the same way you can create multiple Drawers, you can now create multiple Shelves. So, you go to the Docks & Shelves tab in Preferences and you click on Create New Shelf.

This will create a new Shelf with three default tabs called 'Main', 'Documents' and 'Modules'. Now you right click on the Documents and Modules tabs and you select 'Delete this tab' from the context menu that pops up.

In the end, what you have left is a new Shelf displaying a single tab (the 'Main' tab, in this case).

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:03 pm 

Wow! Thanks Jorge! This is what I was trying to accomplish with the Drawer with one exception which I'll address in a second. I didn't realize that it would look exactly like the Drawer if docked to the side. I never used the Shelf as one tab or docked to the side. I'm going to replace the Drawers with the one tab Shelf.

Now for the exception. I hope it's already there, and if not, PLEASE put it in. It would make it triply awesome!!

Can the Shelf be expanded to the full screen of icons AFTER being bumped? In other words, I want the single tab Shelf minimized to the smallest size (as my Drawers are in the screenshot Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:23 pm earlier in this thread), but after I bump it, it will expand to whatever height and width of the screen I set with all of the icons/folders displayed which is what I thought the Drawer would do if the icon rows were increased.

I see that icon rows can be set width wise if docked to the side, so the only thing you would have to add would be to have it expand vertically if docked to the side.

winstep wrote:
...but I did add a new feature in the same vein for next release: if you press SHIFT while *clicking* the scroll arrow, it will scroll a full page of icons. If you press CTRL, it will scroll to the end (or the beginning).

BTW, will you add that feature to the Shelf too?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:34 pm 

It's been several days. Jorge, did you see the above post?

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 20 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2