Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: remove a shelf item
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:57 pm 

To remove a shelf item I right click on the item and click remove. Is there a easier way to remove for example, (like from a dock) just drag the item out of the shelf to remove it. If not, can something like that be implemented? Better alternative would be to also provide a close 'x' button in each box of shelf which will remove the item when clicked.

Reason, I ask for an alternative is because my right click action is slow to respond and it takes a few seconds for the right click menu to show up.

Post subject: Re: remove a shelf item
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:14 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

If it takes a few seconds for the right click menu to pop up, it's probably because of a slow 3rd party context menu shell extension.

To diagnose this, open the Shelf Properties panel, go to the Behavior tab and change the 'Show full right-click context menu options?' setting from 'Always' to 'Never'.

As for a way to quick delete an item without using the right click context menu, simple: just add the Recycle Bin module/widget to a dock that is always visible, or set it to show on your desktop as a desktop module (if you are running Winstep Xtreme).

Now all you need to do is drag the item you want to remove from the Shelf and drop it into the Recycle Bin module/widget. You can also configure the widget NOT to ask for confirmation.

Profile WWW 

Post subject: Re: remove a shelf item
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:06 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Please don't forget to report back regarding the opening speed of the right click context menus, I'm also curious as to the results. :)

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 3 posts ]