Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: 1,000 Dock Tiles Bonus Pack Not Installing
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 5:50 am 

I need some help please with the "1,000 Dock Tiles Bonus Pack".

There seems to be a problem with the installation. The setup seems to complete successfully, but when I check the folder after, no files have been generated.

I can see several folders and BMP files generated in the setup status. These files don't seem to be created. Windows also isn't listing the software in the list of installed items after.

Just to try, I disabled my antivirus and installed to a random temp folder in case there was maybe a permissions issue. The only file the installation created there was the Uninstall EXE. None of the assets were copied.

Running on Windows 10. Looks like maybe the install hasn't been updated since 2008. Seems like maybe a potential compatibility issue.

I also tried just unpacking the EXE with 7Zip, thinking I could just manually copy the assets. Unfortunately, a no go. 7Zip doesn't recognize it as a valid archive.

Any ideas how this icon aficionado can get this working? Thanks in advance. ;)

Post subject: Re: 1,000 Dock Tiles Bonus Pack Not Installing
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 6:13 am 

Okay, answered my own question somewhat...

Tried running in compatibility mode for "Windows Vista Service Pack 2". Seems to have installed alright this time.

Noticed that although I pointed the installer to the Winstep folder in Program Files, all of the art actually went to Users\Public\Documents\Winstep\Nexus\Tiles . Looked there, and the files were created ok.

Now, though, the problem is I don't see anything labeled "Tiles" in my Dock Properties -> Themes. Either in the "combo box" or sidepanel listing...

Oh well, at least I can view the art now. ;)

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 6:48 am 

Alright, answered my own question again. ;P

I was looking for the Tiles in the Themes properties of a Shelf. These things only show up in the Themes properties for the DOCK component.

No longer need any help. Eh, at least it's up here if it is helpful to anyone else.

Ciao!

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 9:45 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

LOL. Gotta love the tech support around here - it's akin to those self-service restaurants, you ask the questions and then you answer them yourself too. :)

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 4 posts ]