Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Making a Shelf fit the whole screen height
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:36 am 

Hi all, is it possible to expand a shelf to fit the whole screen, not just width but height as well? I'm using the maximum, 256 pixel icon size, with the shelf on the top of the screen and tab positioning at the bottom of the shelf. I can only drag the shelf down about 75% of the way, which displays four rows of icons. I tried disabling the "Respect space reserved by other items" option, as well as increasing the number of rows the shelf displays when open. Is there an option I'm missing?

I'm also using NextSTART and a dock at the bottom of the screen if that makes a difference.

Post subject: Re: Making a Shelf fit the whole screen height
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:07 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Shelf only displays 'whole' icon rows, not partially visible icon rows. Reduce the icon size until you get a multiple that will fit the most icon rows onto the screen.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:40 pm 

Thank you for the reply, that makes sense. I achieved the desired effect by increasing vertical spacing between icons while keeping the maximum icon size. I'm basically trying to use the shelf as a game launcher... Thanks again for your help.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:26 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Hi Adrian,

I've been thinking of making a Grid Stack of the games I launch. Once I launch a game, I probably won't need to mess around with a shelf anymore. I figure this kind of action is one of the niches that a Grid Stack fills.

Have you gone down that path yet?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:32 am 

Hey, I did not think of that yet! It's certainly a viable option if it can handle 200+ games without being too cumbersome to navigate while displaying 256 pixel icons (I made my own HD gaming and OS icons, which is why I'm hung up on using the maximum icon size...) Having only a dock at the bottom with a grid stack for all my games is appealing though, right now I also have a shelf at the top of the screen with six tabs to separate my games into Action, Adventure, etc.

Lots of customization options available, probably why I LOVE Winstep.

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 5 posts ]