Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : Articles  [ 24 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: COVID-19, Corona Virus - READ THIS NOW!!!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:34 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

winstep wrote:
Thanks, you too.

Alas, it looks like your government (UK) is just going to let people die and the NHS collapse by doing nothing. Kind of letting natural selection take its course, really. :evil: :roll: Good luck.

Thanks Jorge.

Indeed - get rid of a load of old folks who are just a "burden" on the state, and also get rid of the NHS all in one fell swoop! (Getting rid of the NHS is something the present-day Tories would dearly love!) Like I said - they're just pissing in the wind - and you know what happens when you piss in the wind, right? Yep, it's all going to come back at them.

Meanwhile, the morons out there are still ordering take-away junk food for home delivery - what madness! You'd think people don't know how to cook any more. :/ And of course they also bitch and moan about either having their foreign holidays cancelled or not being albe to go on one, etc. I mean, who t.f. needs foreign holidays, or to go anywhere on holiday! You can have a perfectly nice holiday staying home. Besides, the UK has some of the most gorgeous and varied scenery anywhere, and you shouldn't really be sunning your tail on a beach and catch a good dose of melanoma anyway. :twisted:

Yeah, mad scenes at US airports! People would be better off staying put where they are - the US health service is just about the worst anywhere anyway, unless you can afford good insurance and all the extras you have to pay for yourself. And even if they temporarily were to make everything free, they couldn't cope any more than anywhere else, and lots of people - e.g., "undocumented aliens" - wouldn't come forward anyway. In fact, I rather suspect that in the longer run, the US will be one of the countries hardest hit, along with the UK.

Take care, stay safe and keep well one and all.

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:41 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Well, well.... Our UK government isn't just pissing in the wind and getting wet, they seem actually to be enjoying it and seem to be completely insane. They suggest people should avoid going to pubs, restaurants, clubs, theatres, cinemas, etc., instead of closing everything down. And there's no reason to close schools, colleges, universities or childcare facilities, oh no, none at all. Etc., etc., etc.

On the whole, the way most governments are still acting - or rather, not acting, closing the stable door only long after the horse has bolted - and the UK government most particularly, you could be forgiven for joining conspiracy theorists and thinking that it's all just one giant conspiracy to get rid of the old and chronically sick!

Meanwhile, there are people in long queues to buy guns in the US. Charming! So they can shoot someone over a toilet roll, no doubt. Morons. And, two guys came to blows in a German supermarket over toilet rolls. And Italy won't treat over 80s any more. "And so it begins..." - the descent into anarchy, nay, into complete barbarism.

Oh yeah, and as for the myth that C-19 won't have much of an impact in warm/tropical climates - big bovine manure, like everything else. We've heard from friends and family in the Caribbean that it's already spreading there as well. Yet, so far governments do - nothing. True to form.

Good night, Vienna.

Take care, be well and stay safe everyone.

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:10 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

I live in Oregon (a west coast state, hanging out as the southern border buddy of Washington State (not to be confused with Washington D.C., which is a long, long ways from here)).

Schools had already shut down last week. Also last week, our governor had already decreed no gatherings of greater than 250 people.

Some restaurants had already closed dining rooms and were switching to take-out, drive-through, and delivery only.

Yesterday, our governor reduced gatherings to only 25 and ordered the shutting down of darn near everything she could and strongly encouraging all eateries and shops switch to pick-up and/or delivery only.

I'm fortunate in that my job is almost entirely computer-based, so I can work from home most of the time. I am going into the office tomorrow to take care of finishing up annual reviews for my two employees and so my manager can do the same to me. But for the rest of this week, I'm at home.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:59 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:03 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

DO NOT WATCH THE FOLLOWING VIDEO IF YOU ARE EASILY IMPRESSIONABLE. IT IS BRUTAL AND EXTREMELY ALARMING.

PLEASE **DO WATCH** THIS VIDEO IF YOU THINK COVID-19 IS 'JUST THE FLU' OR YOU ARE NOT LOCKED AT HOME.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:52 pm 

Jorge,
Thanks for posting the 2 videos. These should be required PSA’s in the U. S.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:20 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The whole world is the same, nobody was ready for this and nobody wanted to believe this could actually happen.

The only countries that were somewhat ready were those who had previously experienced the SARS outbreak.

Besides this was like that story of Peter and the Wolf. We are so used to fake news these days that when the wolf DID come we did not believe it anymore.

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:48 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:08 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

A video that shows using laser light how simply speaking emits a large quantity of nearly invisible saliva droplets that can and do infect others:

Reduction even when using home-made masks:

Profile WWW 

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : Articles  [ 24 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2