Winstep

Software Technologies

Winstep Forums

Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 10 posts ]
 Post subject: Support emails not responded to over 2 weeks
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:33 pm 

I am becoming a little concerned. I am a registered user of Nexus Ultimate which I paid to renew on 6th June. The Splash Screen still says my subscription ended on 6th June.

I did receive a response and a receipt together with a new activation file. I used the activation file but it remains the same.

I have emailed Winstep Support 3 times since 6th June but have not had any response. I included a scan of the invoice and a screen dump of the Nexus page showing the message

Usually the reply has been very quick. I also see another poster here suggesting the Winstep is "going down" which adds to my concern.

Please can anyone enlighten me on the situation.

Regards Alan Wood

Post subject: Re: Support emails not responded to over 2 weeks
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:32 pm 

alanchippy wrote:
I am becoming a little concerned. I am a registered user of Nexus Ultimate which I paid to renew on 6th June. The Splash Screen still says my subscription ended on 6th June.

I did receive a response and a receipt together with a new activation file. I used the activation file but it remains the same.

I have emailed Winstep Support 3 times since 6th June but have not had any response. I included a scan of the invoice and a screen dump of the Nexus page showing the message

Usually the reply has been very quick. I also see another poster here suggesting the Winstep is "going down" which adds to my concern.

Please can anyone enlighten me on the situation.

Regards Alan Wood
It would seem that Jorge is very very busy, still realing from moving office. Thats the last I heard, as to going down is my fealing, recently I return from a years absance only to find its the same version off software on sale, there is beta available of the upcoming may/june/july release. I whish you well with your purchase.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:57 pm 

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately it is not a great comfort to know that Jorge is very busy as 2 weeks is beyond the limit of understanding. I simply paid him money to renew and it has not been effected and my questions ignored. Not a promising situation. I love the program but do have several slightly lesser alternatives. I just fing it vedry impolite to ignore a paying customer for nearly 2 weeks

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:31 pm 

Still no response.

This is simply unacceptable.

I will really have to think carefully about any future renewal for this product.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:56 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

alanchippy wrote:
Still no response.

This is simply unacceptable.

I will really have to think carefully about any future renewal for this product.

Look, you have to understand that Winstep is a one man operation - Winstep is Jorge and Jorge is Winstep. What exactly keeps Jorge from responding to posts here or replying to emails at the moment is anybody's guess. Last we knew he was very tied up with moving his office. It's possible that still keeps him fully occupied. It's also quite possible that he may have fallen ill. Allow the man some latitude. After all, Winstep is not only the only viable utility of its kind that's still left and that's still actively being developed, but is also the best of its kind there ever has been, and all at a very, very reasonable price with an extremely generous subscription scheme - I haven't seen the like of it from any other developers yet.

So please, be a little patient. Jorge will be back when he'll be back, and then he'll deal with whatever needs to be dealt with.

In the meantime, why not try this. Back up you Nexus settings, then uninstall Nexus. Reboot, then reinstall Nexus and apply your renewal reg code. Then, all having hopefully gone well, you can restore your settings from the backup file.

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:56 pm 

Sorry but I do not agree with you. I think 3 weeks is giving any supplier a fair time to respond and I still have no reply. There was no delay in taking my money 3 weeks ago.

If he is ill then I will understand but a simple message here to say so would obviate any ill feeling towards Winstep.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:56 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

alanchippy wrote:
Sorry but I do not agree with you. I think 3 weeks is giving any supplier a fair time to respond and I still have no reply. There was no delay in taking my money 3 weeks ago.

If he is ill then I will understand but a simple message here to say so would obviate any ill feeling towards Winstep.

If there is only one person running the show, there are a whole range of circumstances that can make it impossible to reply to email or send a brief message. As for orders inc. renewals, these are handled by BMT Micro and as with any such business payments are collected automatically the moment you place your order.

If somebody is ill, they may very well be unable to use any form of internet device. For all we know, Jorge could even be in hospital and too ill to use any device.

Furthermore, these are hardly normal times that we are currently experiencing, and that can cause all manner of additional complications/problems.

Finally, if Winstep/Jorge were to offer 24/7 email support, he'd have to train and employ somebody to handle it and you'd be paying a whole lot more for Nexus. I doubt you'd be happy to pay say even just double the price to have 24/7 email support. So I just learn some patience. It's not even that this is a regular occurrence that Jorge "vanishes" this long, in fact it's most unusual, but then we live in most unusual times don't you know.

Also, a possible solution to your problem has already been posted here.

Just a volunteer Moderator, not connected to or affiliated with Winstep Software Technologies, and not an official part of customer service though I do try to help when and where I can if my scarce time permits

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:32 am 

I guess we should just accept that we disagree on this. As I said above, if he is ill or in hospital then I would understand and accept the situation.

It is the fact that previously he has responded almost immediately to support emails that made me worry together with one post that cast some doubt on whether Winstep was about to fold.

As it happens I solved the situation a couple of days ago by reloading the license file

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:54 pm 

i remember when i first came to winstep forums all those years ago after the trial, first impression was that winstep was abandonware. unfortunately with one man operation periods of inactivity are unavoidable as life gets complicated

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:49 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

seeker wrote:
i remember when i first came to winstep forums all those years ago after the trial, first impression was that winstep was abandonware. unfortunately with one man operation periods of inactivity are unavoidable as life gets complicated

Indeed, it certainly does sometimes. It's nothing short of amazing that Jorge is holding things together as well as he is, being a one man op and with a myriad things always to be done. Let's just hope nothing's seriously wrong and hope Jorge is well and safe.

Post new topic Reply to topic Board index : Winstep Forums : General Discussion  [ 10 posts ]